Another pub.

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Another pub.

Post by pje16 »

Dod101 wrote:
pje16 wrote: My local pub has it sorted
at the table no mask, get up to go to the loo, put your mask on and EVERYONE follows it
Staff have masks and serve you at the table
There is nothing to 'sort'. I thought that was the rule. I was in a fairly busy town centre restaurant last evening and that is how everyone behaved as far as I could see.

Dod
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear
"Sorted" is organized, arranged, or dealt with satisfactorily
and while it is the rule other pubs in this thread do not follow the rules

Dod101
The full Lemon

Post by Dod101 »

pje16 wrote:
Dod101 wrote: There is nothing to 'sort'. I thought that was the rule. I was in a fairly busy town centre restaurant last evening and that is how everyone behaved as far as I could see.

Dod
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear
"Sorted" is organized, arranged, or dealt with satisfactorily
and while it is the rule other pubs in this thread do not follow the rules
Sorry, yes I know. But it is simple and straightforward. Just follow the rules. What some seem not to understand is that the rules are there for everyone's benefit and are not just made up to make life difficult.

Dod

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Post by AndyPandy »

anon155742 wrote:
servodude wrote: I'm failing to see the politics in all this?

The restaurateur was intentionally deceived so that he'd suffer a loss of earnings; how is that in any way a political protest? Did the pink marshmallow rock up on the night and wave through the window to let them know what was meant?

Surely it's just a cowardly act of spite backed up with some hypocrisy about a "low trust society"

What am I missing here?
-sd
It was a "nudge"

According to our elites that is the way you change behaviour these days
It wasn't a 'nudge', it was a pretty shitty way to behave. I'm a small Business Owner, although luckily not in Hospitality. The last 12 months has been iffy for me, but I've pulled through. Hospitality is on its knees and your actions are helping push them over the edge. If you have any decency, go back and slip them the profit they would have made from you. Google it, you may be surprised how little eateries net from each cover and how many other covers they must sell to make back the loss from your action.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”