GCP Student Living (DIGS)

mc2fool
Lemon Half

GCP Student Living (DIGS)

Post by mc2fool »

GCP Student Living (DIGS) is being taken over for cash tomorrow, and I was wondering what any other holders were going to reinvest the proceeds in.

I bought DIGS, along with Emperic Student Property (ESP), in August 2014, thinking of them as kinda bomb proof, although they obviously-in-hindsight turned out not to be pandemic proof. :lol: Nevertheless, the offer for DIGS is at its just pre-covid all time high and will give me a 62.5% capital gain and a dividends withdrawn XIRR of 13.9%, and I'm happy enough with that.

ESP, on the other had, bought at the same time is suffering a 12.6% loss and an dividends withdrawn XIRR of a mere 1.3%. Oh well (and that's why, when going into a sector, I often double up).

So, thoughts on a replacement for DIGS? Thoughts on ESP while we're here? Other than DIGS & ESP I've also got TR Property (TRY), those being my property investments currently. Looking on a LTBH view.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Re: GCP Student Living (DIGS)

Post by MDW1954 »

You'll have seen the list that I regularly trot out on the HYP board, I take it?

BBOX, ASLI, WHR, CREI, PHP, NRR, MKCS, BLND, HICL, LXI, RGL, SREI, SUPR, EBOX come to mind. I hold all these.

MDW1954

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

MDW1954 wrote:You'll have seen the list that I regularly trot out on the HYP board, I take it?

BBOX, ASLI, WHR, CREI, PHP, NRR, MKCS, BLND, HICL, LXI, RGL, SREI, SUPR, EBOX come to mind. I hold all these.

MDW1954
No, I don't follow those scriptures. :D But I will take a look at each, thanks. BLND I used to hold and after yonks of poor performance traded it in for DIGS. Not sure I'd class HICL under property though...

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Post by MDW1954 »

mc2fool wrote: Not sure I'd class HICL under property though...
In which case, stand by to be surprised. And yes, its property holdings do include student accomodation.

MDW1954

Return to “REITs & Property Companies”