Shorts over running tights or not?

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Shorts over running tights or not?

Post by redsturgeon »

My stepson (28) just went out for a run, it's quite cold, so running tights seemed a good call but I noticed that he wears his shorts over them. I think that's odd but I notice that the younger generation tend to do that. Why? I often why running tights in the winter but would never wear shorts over them...am I odd?

John

BBLSP1
2 Lemon pips

Re: Shorts over running tights or not?

Post by BBLSP1 »

Pockets?

I always pick running shorts with pockets – I have a small zip wallet I carry in which I put the house or car keys and some ID and contact telephone numbers. I also clip my ipod shuffle onto the pocket. The pocket on the other side is for a flannel to mop my tortured brow – even needed in cold weather when wearing a hat.

I have noticed on my winter time visits to New York, either when running solo around Central Park or as a group in various locations around the city, that this ‘look’ is popular.

colin
Lemon Slice

Post by colin »

but I notice that the younger generation tend to do that. Why?
Because that's what Mickey Mouse did all those years ago.

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Post by JMN2 »

redsturgeon wrote:My stepson (28) just went out for a run, it's quite cold, so running tights seemed a good call but I noticed that he wears his shorts over them. I think that's odd but I notice that the younger generation tend to do that. Why? I often why running tights in the winter but would never wear shorts over them...am I odd?

John
It's to do with rap and hiphop.

I just wear shorts all year round, but keep my head, hands and torso covered by wool and fleece.

baldchap
Lemon Slice

Post by baldchap »

Shorts over running tights every time.
Not as bad as the cyclists, but sometimes us innocent bystanders see enough odd bulges to put us off our saveloy.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”