ITV X A spy among friends

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
forgotusername
Lemon Pip

ITV X A spy among friends

Post by forgotusername »

Anyone else watched this? I found the acting very good and the story illuminating about the attitudes of the English "upper classes" at that time. The timeline jumped about a fair bit from current to some point in the past then back to current. It made for a degree of confusion as to exactly when the events were happening. Overall though, a worthwhile watch imo.

Sadly, I'm totally unimpressed with ITV X. I found the user interface clunky in comparison to other streaming services and they appear not to have enough adverts to fill the appointed slots. Instead of showing a message about the program restarting soon, one is treated to a black or a blue screen while the advert slot runs its course. The adverts they do have get shown on every break which is tedious.

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: ITV X A spy among friends

Post by Laughton »

As you say, "made for a degree of confusion". Far too confusing for me (and I grew up and have a fair understanding of the events at the time and the names involved).

I gave up before the end of the first episode.

I'd be interested to know what younger viewers made of it (do we have any of those on here?).

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”