Lemon Half

The English- Spoilers thread. Only read if you have finished the show

Post by redsturgeon »

Go ahead!

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Re: The English- Spoilers thread. Only read if you have finished the show

Post by bluedonkey »

Just watched E1. Ciaran Hinds and Emily Blunt had a conversation over the prairie oysters referring to some sort of back story, referring to New Orleans, Havana, etc. A lot of it was alluding rather than explicit. Anyone know more?

Also, how was Ciaran Hinds killed? The first "shot" sounded silent, followed by a knife. Was the first shot using a silencer? A bit confused.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

I thought it was a knife that was thrown by eli initially and then finished up close. Probably why it was silent.

If I get chance I will replay that bit with the sound up loud to see if I can hear the woosh.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

I wish I was a fly on the wall in Tom Hardy's house when he saw Rafe Spall's character in this series...

Chaske Spencer was fantastic as Eli, I must say...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Gaggsy
Lemon Slice

Post by Gaggsy »

bluedonkey wrote:Also, how was Ciaran Hinds killed? The first "shot" sounded silent, followed by a knife. Was the first shot using a silencer? A bit confused.
I assumed it was an arrow through the chest, shot from behind and through his back. Doesn't he look down and see the arrow head sticking out? Then the focus shifts and you see the silhouette of Eli in the doorway behind.

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Post by bluedonkey »

Ah yes an arrow. Too silent for a gun, and a knife wouldn't have gone all the way through. Elementary!

Thanks.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

It was definitely a knife thrown, you do hear the spinning woosh. Eli walks up empty handed, pulls the knife out and then finishes him off. There is no bow.

There is blood when he looks down the front of his shirt but it's unclear how that happened, I assumed more for dramatic effect than pure accuracy. The knife clearly wasn't long enough and nothing protruded.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”