Green Spaces Dark Skies

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Green Spaces Dark Skies

Post by bungeejumper »

I'm not normally that much of a fan of landscape art - all those people wandering around the planet, drawing imaginary lines between hilltops in order to create notional connecting vectors between points on a map - but this was something else entirely. And I'd never even heard of it till last night!

Six months in the making, and the practising. The four highest peaks in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland respectively. Several thousand volunteers dancing around with colour-changing lamps, remotely controlled to do fancy stuff with patterns, and filmed from above by the drone teams from Game of Thrones (whatever that is? ;) ). Resulting in a 15 minute film that's really rather good. After which they all went home. I'd have liked to be doing that! (Except that I'd have done a Snorvey and broken my leg on the rough ground, which wouldn't have done anybody any good.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... dark-skies. The 15 minute film part starts at around 40 minutes. Pointless, in a way, but quite uplifting, I thought.

BJ

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Green Spaces Dark Skies

Post by pje16 »

Thanks
are there ANY types of these show that Matt Baker isn't on
(I think he's very good, but he is everywhere)

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”