bella

Re: A Film to watch tonight

Post by bella »

The Great Escape

zico
Lemon Quarter

Post by zico »

Paddington 2. Yes, it's a kids film, but it's also a great film.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Post by AleisterCrowley »

I'm particularly enjoying Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit on Amazon Prime!
It's wonderful - touch of Hammer Horror

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

Having earlier suggested films to avoid, I thought I would suggest one this time.

Ghostbusters afterlife

It probably has more meaning if you were around for the originals but was entertaining in its own right. A good family film.

I'd give it a 7/10

I also saw The Last Dual, based on true events. I'm not sure if this was almost brilliant but a bit slow in the middle.

It takes the same event from 3 different individuals. The changes are quite nuanced so it appears a bit repetitive so you have to be on the ball to really appreciate it. Probably not family viewing.

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

Gerry557 wrote:I also saw The Last Dual, based on true events. I'm not sure if this was almost brilliant but a bit slow in the middle.

It takes the same event from 3 different individuals. The changes are quite nuanced so it appears a bit repetitive so you have to be on the ball to really appreciate it. Probably not family viewing.
Yeah I had to scupper that as the new years day choice for the massed family given I'd heard it reviewed
- it's written up in the synopsis as a kind of medieval action thing - which I gather it's really not (do want to see it as I think the casting and cinematography look excellent)
Encanto was a lot more palatable given the youngest viewer was 12 (excluding puppies)

-sd

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Post by Mike88 »

Having bombarded him with recommendations I wonder what Howyoudoin eventually watched, if any?

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

servodude wrote:
Gerry557 wrote:I also saw The Last Dual, based on true events. I'm not sure if this was almost brilliant but a bit slow in the middle.

Yeah I had to scupper that as the new years day choice for the massed family given I'd heard it reviewed
- it's written up in the synopsis as a kind of medieval action thing - which I gather it's really not (do want to see it as I think the casting and cinematography look excellent)
Encanto was a lot more palatable given the youngest viewer was 12 (excluding puppies)

-sd
Unfortunately Encanto's don't forget about Bruno is a constant presence atm. Either on film, on Spotify or just being sung generally.

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

Gerry557 wrote:
servodude wrote: Yeah I had to scupper that as the new years day choice for the massed family given I'd heard it reviewed

-sd
Unfortunately Encanto's don't forget about Bruno is a constant presence atm. Either on film, on Spotify or just being sung generally.
No no no!

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”