Better

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Fluke
Lemon Slice

Better

Post by Fluke »

There's been some good things on the beeb just lately, Happy Valley, Gold and I've just finished watching Better on iPlayer, another gritty crime drama, this one set in Leeds. Kept me hooked all the way to the cliff-hanger ending, there has to be a second season. Very good cast too. Anyone else?

Here's a snip:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/bet ... ease-date/

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Better

Post by pje16 »

I watched Happy Valley, Gold, and Better
enjoyed all three
I missed The Fall when it came out in 2014, but watched it on Netflix
that's another good BBC drama

pottager

Post by pottager »

Couldn't cope with Better at all, just didn't get it, loved the others you mentioned.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

pottager wrote:Couldn't cope with Better at all, just didn't get it, loved the others you mentioned.
it does get errrm better ;) as it progresses

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Post by terminal7 »

I thought that Better was a 6.5/10 series. Started well then sagged a little in the middle and had a great end to E5. The overall ending in E6 was a bit of a stretch. Nevertheless worth sticking with and certainly quite surprised to see Tyson Fury playing the husband of the 'heroine'.

T7

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Post by Redmires »

Cracking documentary on BBC 4 tonight at 10pm. 'Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty'

Revealing the dirty secrets behind London's policing with a story of corruption that goes to the very top of the Met and leads to the formation of the first internal anti-corruption unit.

Jaw dropping 3 parter that was on last year and well worth a repeat.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”