Inside Man

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
XFool
The full Lemon

Inside Man

Post by XFool »

Thriller starring David Tennant. 9pm this evening, four episodes.

Anyone still watching this? I'm not, I lasted about half an hour! More unbelievable things per minute than anyone could ever believe. :lol:

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: Inside Man

Post by Laughton »

XFool wrote:I lasted about half an hour! More unbelievable things per minute than anyone could ever believe. :lol:
About half an hour - does this mean you missed the vicar locking a woman in his cellar........or how about the vicar's wife accepting that he'd locked a woman in the cellar.....and then wondering if she was a vegetarian?

Maybe you'd have lasted longer had you accepted his was a Comedy rather than a Thriller.

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

Laughton wrote:About half an hour - does this mean you missed the vicar locking a woman in his cellar........or how about the vicar's wife accepting that he'd locked a woman in the cellar.....and then wondering if she was a vegetarian?

Maybe you'd have lasted longer had you accepted his was a Comedy rather than a Thriller.
Possibly. :)

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

Laughton wrote:
XFool wrote:I lasted about half an hour! More unbelievable things per minute than anyone could ever believe. :lol:
About half an hour - does this mean you missed the vicar locking a woman in his cellar........or how about the vicar's wife accepting that he'd locked a woman in the cellar.....and then wondering if she was a vegetarian?

Wait . . . do TV programmes and Movies have to be believable now for us to enjoy them?

Guess that scrubs off 90% of the output then and just leaves the news.

Oh wait . . . the pound now has parity with the dollar? Fake news surely.

HYD

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

Howyoudoin wrote:
Laughton wrote: About half an hour - does this mean you missed the vicar locking a woman in his cellar........or how about the vicar's wife accepting that he'd locked a woman in the cellar.....and then wondering if she was a vegetarian?

Wait . . . do TV programmes and Movies have to be believable now for us to enjoy them?
Yes, I think they do need to be believable - that is very different from actually being real. If you cannot believe in a drama, in other words be engaged by it - however much you know it is just 'acting' - it fails as drama. Seems simple to me.

It started going wrong from the off. That tube train scene... That a lone man would sexually harrass a women on a tube is believable enough. But not so blatantly in a pretty full carriage, not with nobody saying anything, including all the other men in the carriage. I'd have had a go at him and I'm 74!

Then the woman on Facebook, who wasn't on Facebook. But suddenly all those silent passengers piped up to say it was all on Facebook on their phones! Then the police were at the next stop (really?), because of the woman who wasn't on Facebook!!

C'mon!

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

XFool wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote: Wait . . . do TV programmes and Movies have to be believable now for us to enjoy them?
Yes, I think they do need to be believable - that is very different from actually being real. If you cannot believe in a drama, in other words be engaged by it - however much you know it is just 'acting' - it fails as drama. Seems simple to me.
You can be engaged by it without thinking it’s believable. My favourite TV programmes are Vera and Doc Martin, neither of which are really believable unless you think 30 murder cases in 10 years have been solved by a single woman and it’s possible for a Doctor who can’t stand the sight of blood to have a long standing and successful career.

Hasn’t stopped me enjoying these programmes.

HYD

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

...I think it makes Bloodlands look like a really, really serious and commanding drama. Perhaps that's what it's for? :lol:

In my listing mag it was described as a "Thriller". Perhaps if it had been sold as a "Black Comedy", or a farce...

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Post by moorfield »

XFool wrote:Thriller starring David Tennant. 9pm this evening, four episodes.

Anyone still watching this? I'm not, I lasted about half an hour! More unbelievable things per minute than anyone could ever believe. :lol:

It lost me as soon as the opening tube train scene flipped to the death row scene and Stanley Tucci popped up. And then flipped again to the vicar David Tennant. WTF ?

Obviously one I need to concentrate on and not watch on multitasking. I may try it again.

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

My listing magazine, describing the upcoming final episodes, says: "As the drama becomes increasingly bizarre..." :shock:

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

So, did I miss anything?

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/inside-man-v ... 49139.html

WATCH: What did you think of the ending?

"In the final episode, viewers watched as [spoiler alert!] Mary met a tragic ending while trying to return Janice's laptop and keys to her house.

Meanwhile, after realising that Janice had assumed either he or his dad were responsible for the content on the memory stick, Ben became enraged and hit Janice round the head with a hammer.

Harry rescued his son from the cellar, which was slowly being filled with carbon monoxide, before calling the police to take the rap for Janice's murder.
"

:)

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Post by Leothebear »

It has feasibility problems but overall I thought it was terrific. Looks all set for a sequel.
Leo

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Post by Laughton »

Apparently talk of a follow up season.

Not sure how that's going to work. Mind you, apparently it's the norm for prisoners in the UK to chat with those in the USA via Zoom (other platforms are available). :lol: :lol: so anything is possible.

Having said all that, always good to see Stanley Tucci on screen (he's currently fronting a food/travel show on BBC2).

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

Leothebear wrote:It has feasibility problems...
You might say that. I couldn't possibly comment! :)

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”