Apple TV+

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Apple TV+

Post by scrumpyjack »

Sky have offered me 3 months free Apple TV+

DAK if there is anything particularly worth watching on it that is not available on Netflix, Prime Video or Sky?

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Apple TV+

Post by AF62 »

Of the Apple 'Originals' that are included in the subscription (so free to you for three months) a couple of series worth watching are -

- For all Mankind - An alternative history drama where the Russians are first to put a man on the moon so the Russian / American space race doesn't fizzle out like it did.

- Tehran - An espionage thriller where Israel wants to get an agent into Iran, with consequences for them and others.

Apart from those, not really, but the full list is here - https://www.apple.com/uk/tv-pr/originals/

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

Ted Lasso worth a freebie and more! Best series for ages! An absolute binge fest.

Finch was fun. Hanks always good.

Suspicion. Sort of thing BBC does well.

The other two mentioned previously I agree.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

Forgot Coda. Brilliant!

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

Second vote for Ted Lasso.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Post by simoan »

Agree on all the above, especially Ted Lasso. If you like excellently made documentaries and early 70’s music, as I do, then Asif Kapadia’s docu-series “1971 - The Year Music Changed” is a must.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

simoan wrote:Agree on all the above, especially Ted Lasso. If you like excellently made documentaries and early 70’s music, as I do, then Asif Kapadia’s docu-series “1971 - The Year Music Changed” is a must.
Thx. Will chk that out.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Post by simoan »

nimnarb wrote:
simoan wrote:Agree on all the above, especially Ted Lasso. If you like excellently made documentaries and early 70’s music, as I do, then Asif Kapadia’s docu-series “1971 - The Year Music Changed” is a must.
Thx. Will chk that out.
It's well worth it IMHO. There's some great never before seen footage of John Lennon around the making of the Imagine album, and similarly the Rolling Stone's when they were holed up in the South of France making Exile on Main Street. Also some great material of Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Joni Mitchell, Sly Stone, Gil Scott Heron and others.

swill453
Lemon Half

Post by swill453 »

nimnarb wrote:Ted Lasso worth a freebie and more! Best series for ages! An absolute binge fest.
Any good for non football fans?

Scott.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

swill453 wrote:
nimnarb wrote:Ted Lasso worth a freebie and more! Best series for ages! An absolute binge fest.

Scott.
I'd say yes. It's about a football club but football itself is a small part.

xeny
Lemon Slice

Post by xeny »

swill453 wrote:

Scott.
Yes - I've watched more Ted Lasso than I have actual football.

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Post by SalvorHardin »

"Foundation" is pretty good, though as the first series progresses it increasingly bears less resemblence to Asimov's books/short stories. Not a surprise IMHO, filming a series that takes place over 1,000 years where there's a massive plotline but little else to fill in the details. No wonder the writers are making a huge amount of stuff up.

Extra thumbs up to Ted Lasso. You don't really need to know much about football. As others have said, the football is a small part of the show - it's all about Ted being a fish out of water and the clash of American and British cultures.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Post by AF62 »

SalvorHardin wrote:"Foundation" is pretty good
I was looking forward to it but just found it dull and gave up after a few episodes.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Post by AF62 »

Watched the first episode of Slow Horses yesterday and it seemed pretty good so far.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”