Challenger

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Challenger

Post by Leothebear »

Challenger on Iplayer is well worth a watch. It's a one off, about 90 minutes. Tells the story of Richard Feynman uncovering the reasons for the shuttle's fatal mission. Quite touching because he was lost to an aggressive cancer shortly after.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Re: Challenger

Post by Leothebear »

I should have mentioned it's a film not a documentary. William Hurt plays Feynman.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

Might be worth a skeg with my human factors head on.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Post by ReformedCharacter »

The book from which 'Challenger' was taken; 'What Do You Care What Other People Think?' is an excellent read, covering the Rogers Commission on the Challenger disaster and aspects of Feynman's personal life. He must have been a very engaging character.

RC

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Gerry557 wrote:Might be worth a skeg with my human factors head on.
I'm going to give it a go
still "shocks" me every time I see it disintegrate :shock:

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

Leothebear wrote:I should have mentioned it's a film not a documentary. William Hurt plays Feynman.
And also sadly died of an aggressive cancer :(
ReformedCharacter wrote:The book from which 'Challenger' was taken; 'What Do You Care What Other People Think?' is an excellent read, covering the Rogers Commission on the Challenger disaster and aspects of Feynman's personal life. He must have been a very engaging character
He's a wonderful read. I was hooked from the opening of "Surely you're joking" which I found lying in a BnB as a student; impressive and inspiring and really good at communicating the joy of finding out stuff

--sd

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Post by kempiejon »

servodude wrote:impressive and inspiring and really good at communicating the joy of finding out stuff
Talking of which. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... things-out

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

kempiejon wrote:
servodude wrote:impressive and inspiring and really good at communicating the joy of finding out stuff
Talking of which. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... things-out
Oh thanks for that! I knew it was a half remembered quote I was mangling when I posted
I'll make sure to watch that - he was one of the greats

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Many thanks @Leothebear
Watched half at lunchtime
other half coming up now
I haven't read the other posts on here in case there are spoilers as I don't remember what the outcome was
but is it a very good dramatisation that I would not have known was on if not for here

Thnak you again

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Post by simoan »

What a pillock! Me that is. Got the wrong platform and ended up watching the Challenger documentary on Netflix instead! I’s pretty good but not what I intended watching. Look forward to watching the iPlayer film over the weekend.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

I managed to watch it. I didn't find it that entertaining but found the subject very interesting.

We watched it after the second episode of the Jimmy Savile monster series. Something the boss wanted to watch..... So she could get angry!

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

Gerry557 wrote:I managed to watch it. I didn't find it that entertaining but found the subject very interesting.

We watched it after the second episode of the Jimmy Savile monster series. Something the boss wanted to watch..... So she could get angry!
Oh... watched the first episode last night.
I'd forgotten how creepy he was

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”