The Real Peaky Blinders - BBC1

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

The Real Peaky Blinders - BBC1

Post by AsleepInYorkshire »

Two episodes.

An excellent documentary. I'd suggest this is worth your time.

AiY(D)

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: The Real Peaky Blinders - BBC1

Post by Mike4 »

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:Two episodes.

AiY(D)
I find myself constantly mis-reading the title of the programme as "Peaky Bolinders", as "Blinder" is only one letter different from the name of the wonderful Swedish Bolinder vintage diesel engines powering many of the narrow boats of that era.

Here's a nice seven minutes showing the starting of a classic 15hp two-stroke hot bulb semi-diesel Bolinder in narrow boat "SPEY". Later on as the technology advanced, Bolinder made proper four-stroke full diesels, i.e. compression ignition rather than requiring a hot bulb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H39drBm ... l=mykaskin

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

Mike4 wrote:

AiY(D)
I find myself constantly mis-reading the title of the programme as "Peaky Bolinders", as "Blinder" is only one letter different from the name of the wonderful Swedish Bolinder vintage diesel engines powering many of the narrow boats of that era.

Here's a nice seven minutes showing the starting of a classic 15hp two-stroke hot bulb semi-diesel Bolinder in narrow boat "SPEY". Later on as the technology advanced, Bolinder made proper four-stroke full diesels, i.e. compression ignition rather than requiring a hot bulb.

Mike
I think you've found your new band name
- especially if you can perform to crowds on the bank as you drift past

-sd

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Post by ReformedCharacter »

Mike4 wrote:

AiY(D)

Nice comment below the video, If it moves, oil it!

RC

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”