Suppliers changing bank account numbers

Startups, marketing and more
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Suppliers changing bank account numbers

Post by Slarti »

I've just had a notification form one of my suppliers that their bank account numbers are changing due to https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nformation

My immediate reaction was to query with a contact at the company if this was a real email or a scam attempt as I have seen some very realistic change of bank detail scam emails sent to customers of mine.

If a supplier asks you to pay to a different bank account, always double check that it really is them, as it would be you who is out of pocket if it isn't! :ugeek:

Slarti the paranoid.
Moderator Message:
Title adjusted at OP's request (chas49)

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Re: Suppliers changing bank account numbers

Post by UncleEbenezer »

That applies not just in business. Some stories floating around of fraudsters targeting expensive personal purchases (headed by houses) that way.

The irony is, there's a bomb-proof solution to this, if only we could all adopt it. It's been working quietly for quarter of a century in Geekdom, but just never caught on more widely.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Post by Slarti »

UncleEbenezer wrote:The irony is, there's a bomb-proof solution to this, if only we could all adopt it.
Which is?

Slarti

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Post by Watis »

Slarti wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:The irony is, there's a bomb-proof solution to this, if only we could all adopt it.
Which is?

Slarti

Cheques?

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

Slarti wrote:
Which is?

Slarti
PGP, and the Web of Trust.

Return to “Running a Business”