Interesting address

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Interesting address

Post by Clitheroekid »

I can imagine it being a bit embarrassing giving this address to people ;)

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/broch ... th/4666804

Tedx
Lemon Slice

Re: Interesting address

Post by Tedx »

What were you googling to get that result? :shock:

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

Clitheroekid wrote:I can imagine it being a bit embarrassing giving this address to people ;)

Nobber village has both a primary and secondary school, shops, pubs and clubs.
One can only theorise about the names of these schools and pubs. 8-)

Steve

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

stevensfo wrote:
Clitheroekid wrote:I can imagine it being a bit embarrassing giving this address to people ;)

Nobber village has both a primary and secondary school, shops, pubs and clubs.
One can only theorise about the names of these schools and pubs. 8-)
Personally I liked the reference to a "regular bus service". Given what i know about bus schedules in the back of beyond, one bus a day in each direction could be described as "regular".

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Post by staffordian »

Lootman wrote:Personally I liked the reference to a "regular bus service". Given what i know about bus schedules in the back of beyond, one bus a day in each direction could be described as "regular".
You're optimistic! Regular probably means one every market day :D

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Post by bungeejumper »

stevensfo wrote:One can only theorise about the names of these schools and pubs. 8-
Indeed. One of Somerset's better schools, apparently. https://tinyurl.com/2p9a2ccb :)

BJ

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

I think this rivals it :lol:
https://www.prattsbottom.co.uk/

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Not bad at £29.99 for life ;)

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

bungeejumper wrote:
stevensfo wrote:One can only theorise about the names of these schools and pubs. 8-
Indeed. One of Somerset's better schools, apparently. https://tinyurl.com/2p9a2ccb :)

BJ
Not only that, it's a boarding school!! With a name like that, I assume that they vet applicants for PE teachers very carefully indeed!

How many parents would have the courage to say in the pub, "I've sent my daughter to Sexey's boarding school"? 8-)

Steve

PS I had no idea that State boarding schools existed. I wish I'd know years ago when our kids became teenagers. Preferably one in the Shetland islands! ;)

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

stevensfo wrote: PS I had no idea that State boarding schools existed. I wish I'd know years ago when our kids became teenagers. Preferably one in the Shetland islands! ;)
don't tell our Shetland fool @idpickering :)

Tedx
Lemon Slice

Post by Tedx »

pje16 wrote:
stevensfo wrote: PS I had no idea that State boarding schools existed. I wish I'd know years ago when our kids became teenagers. Preferably one in the Shetland islands! ;)
don't tell our Shetland fool @idpickering :)
He's in Orkney, not Shetland

I assume that they vet applicants for PE teachers very carefully indeed!

...whare quite often the PE teacher is actually the local vet.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Tedx wrote:
pje16 wrote: don't tell our Shetland fool @idpickering :)
He's in Orkney, not Shetland
Whoops ...sorry

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Post by bungeejumper »

Tedx wrote:He's in Orkney, not Shetland
.......whare quite often the PE teacher is actually the local vet.
Oh well, I suppose it could have been norse? Up Helly Aa always did sound vaguely dodgy to me. :|

BJ

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

I wonder if pupils from Nobber school and Sexey school ever go to competitions in Muff diving club. 8-)

As for running commentary, I would get inspiration from that famous horse race.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWpRcRCUKsY

Steve

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

bungeejumper wrote:

BJ
Actually, after my remark about a PE teacher, I just scrolled down the page and they actually do have a vacancy Teacher for PE (Girls).

Quite a few waiting to be interviewed:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650972/me ... i_all_sf_9

:lol:

Steve

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Post by scotia »

stevensfo wrote:
PS I had no idea that State boarding schools existed. I wish I'd know years ago when our kids became teenagers. Preferably one in the Shetland islands! ;)
I had an Uncle who served in the HLI (Highland Light Infantry) during WW2. While training in England, there was a fair amount of temporary "absent without leave" - usually an unauthorised trip back to Glasgow for the weekend. So they sorted this out in my Uncle's unit - they were packed off to Shetland, until they were needed for D-Day.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

scotia wrote: So they sorted this out in my Uncle's unit - they were packed off to Shetland, until they were needed for D-Day.
I've always fancied going to Shetland (or Orkney) - how wonderful to get way from it all :D

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

pje16 wrote:
scotia wrote: So they sorted this out in my Uncle's unit - they were packed off to Shetland, until they were needed for D-Day.
I've always fancied going to Shetland (or Orkney) - how wonderful to get way from it all :D
Go a bit further and you get to the Faroes. Amazing where the Vikings used to drop off stowaways, Faroes, Greenland, North America.... Dublin ;)

But I know what you mean. My wife's mother has slight dementia but still lives in a smallholding in a village in the SE of Poland. Paradise! Nothing to do except read, drink strong Polish beer and walk in the forest. Due to my MIL's age, all the animals have gone so it's even quieter now. Due to the mobile and internet signals up and down, I always download everything beforehand, or walk one hour into town where the WiFi is excellent.

Steve

PS Over the last few years, I've found myself putting the mobile on airplane mode more and more, simply to have some %$#!! peace!

simsqu
Lemon Slice

Post by simsqu »

What a brilliant bit of marketing. I mean, who in their right mind is not going to fork out thirty quid for a "Lifetime Member of the Muff Diving Club" certificate / tee shirt, which they can proudly hang on their wall or other appendage for all to see?

Reminds me of a famous story - probably apocryphal but who cares - of what I consider the best money-making, yet totally legal scam ever to be invented, or if it IS apocryphal, why hasn't someone put it into practice? This was in the days of cheques, so actually probably wouldn't work today.

Just in case there are some who have not heard of it, it involves the purchase of an intimate sex toy, advertised wherever sex toys are advertised (personally I wouldn't know...)

Advert says something like "send in your cheque for £19.99 and your purchase will be dispatched immediately"

So in go the cheques, and a couple of weeks later, a letter arrives back from the company apologising that the particular item ordered is regrettably out of stock / discontinued, and is accompanied by a cheque for £19.99, the full purchase price, which the buyer is of course at liberty to pay into the bank at their earliest convenience.

And across the top of the cheque, in large bold capital letters, visible from space, is the name of the company:

THE ANAL SEX TOY COMPANY

I suspect not too many of the cheques were cashed.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”