Snow Warning - Be Careful

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Snow Warning - Be Careful

Post by AsleepInYorkshire »

Source

AiY(D)

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Snow Warning - Be Careful

Post by pje16 »

Don't slip up :lol:

Imbiber
2 Lemon pips

Post by Imbiber »

Close the schools :roll: :roll:

I was at secondary school during the winter of 62/63. Never missed a day despite a 4 mile journey on an old Bedford bus along single track country lanes.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Imbiber wrote:Close the schools :roll: :roll:

I was at secondary school during the winter of 62/63. Never missed a day despite a 4 mile journey on an old Bedford bus along single track country lanes.
You were lucky the bus made it ;)

Tedx
Lemon Slice

Post by Tedx »

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

Imbiber wrote:Close the schools :roll: :roll:

You had a bus? :shock:

etc. :)

Imbiber
2 Lemon pips

Post by Imbiber »

Yes, pure luxury...

https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/20- ... 10083&sd=1

Very similar to this but blue I believe.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Post by bungeejumper »

Imbiber wrote:I was at secondary school during the winter of 62/63. Never missed a day despite a 4 mile journey on an old Bedford bus along single track country lanes.
I was also at secondary school during the winter of 62/63, and for two weeks I spent every possible day bunking off so that I could go tobogganing with my mates on the local golf course. I can't say that the educational consequences have blighted my life. :D

The good times had to end eventually, though. One of my fellow off-bunkers was snapped by a local press photographer with just his @rse sticking out from the bush where his sledge had landed. And by the time his picture appeared in the local paper, his name was in the photo caption and our cover was well and truly blown. We each got six hours' detention. It was worth that as well. :lol:

BJ

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

WHAT, was his name tattooed on his a*se :lol:
great story btw

dragnips
Lemon Pip

Post by dragnips »

bungeejumper wrote:
Imbiber wrote:I was at secondary school during the winter of 62/63. Never missed a day despite a 4 mile journey on an old Bedford bus along single track country lanes.
I was also at secondary school during the winter of 62/63, and for two weeks I spent every possible day bunking off so that I could go tobogganing with my mates on the local golf course. I can't say that the educational consequences have blighted my life. :D

The good times had to end eventually, though. One of my fellow off-bunkers was snapped by a local press photographer with just his @rse sticking out from the bush where his sledge had landed. And by the time his picture appeared in the local paper, his name was in the photo caption and our cover was well and truly blown. We each got six hours' detention. It was worth that as well. :lol:

BJ
You were lucky. When I bunked off and got caught, I received 3 strokes of the cane. Incidentally, the 2 mates I was with were never found out.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Post by Leothebear »

dragnips wrote:
bungeejumper wrote: I was also at secondary school during the winter of 62/63, and for two weeks I spent every possible day bunking off so that I could go tobogganing with my mates on the local golf course. I can't say that the educational consequences have blighted my life. :D

BJ
You were lucky. When I bunked off and got caught, I received 3 strokes of the cane. Incidentally, the 2 mates I was with were never found out.
Yes the masters at my school dished out the floggings for any old excuse. The headmaster used a minature cricket bat. With which I was whacked, for not wearing my cap. I thought they were a bunch of perverts back then. I'm convinced they were now.
Leo

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Wonder what today's snowflakes would make of cricket bat and cane whippings ;)

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Post by bungeejumper »

pje16 wrote:Wonder what today's snowflakes would make of cricket bat and cane whippings ;)
About thirty grand in compensation, I should think. :|

BJ

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”