A wierd moment

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
robbelg
Lemon Slice

A wierd moment

Post by robbelg »

A surreal end to the one minutes silence when the gun to mark the end set off a car alarm,I think a very old one that went Wop wop wop then beep beep beep, then bing bing bing etc. most bizzare.

Rob

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Re: A wierd moment

Post by TUK020 »

Different sort of surreal. After our local remembrance day parade there was tea laid on at the parish offices. Wandered in to nab a cuppa, and found myself chatting to a cabinet minister about how our local Ukrainian refugees were getting on. Didn't get my tea.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

robbelg wrote:A surreal end to the one minutes silence when the gun to mark the end set off a car alarm,I think a very old one that went Wop wop wop then beep beep beep, then bing bing bing etc. most bizzare.

Rob
There's a character from Viz that would have found that great music, but I can't remember the name.

I had a similar experience when my car started to emit a series of alarms. The tone varied quite a lot. I soon discovered that it was the battery dying. A bit embarrassing at the start but nobody seemed to pay any attention.

Steve

servodude
Lemon Half

Post by servodude »

stevensfo wrote:
robbelg wrote:A surreal end to the one minutes silence when the gun to mark the end set off a car alarm,I think a very old one that went Wop wop wop then beep beep beep, then bing bing bing etc. most bizzare.

Rob
There's a character from Viz that would have found that great music, but I can't remember the name.

I had a similar experience when my car started to emit a series of alarms. The tone varied quite a lot. I soon discovered that it was the battery dying. A bit embarrassing at the start but nobody seemed to pay any attention.

Steve
Ravey Davey Gravy
- the inspiration for Tyres in Spaced

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

servodude wrote:
stevensfo wrote: There's a character from Viz that would have found that great music, but I can't remember the name.
Ravey Davey Gravy

Classic-clip time...

Everyday Raving - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSndZPynQk

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

Itsallaguess wrote:
servodude wrote: Ravey Davey Gravy

Classic-clip time...

Everyday Raving - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSndZPynQk

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Spaced is an excellent comedy. I love the alcoholic landlady. Despite it being over 20 years old, I think I first saw it only a few years ago after asking for suggestions on TLF. I bought the DVD at the same time as Black Books, another great comedy. I always felt that the Irish shop owner could have been the more assertive brother of Father Dougal McGuire! ;)

Steve

PS I recently watched a few Mission Impossible films (I'm always years behind!) and it seemed weird seeing Simon Pegg in them. I guess they're anxious to avoid being typecast.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”