The Phone Book

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
swill453
Lemon Half

The Phone Book

Post by swill453 »

I didn't even realise it still existed. We've just had our BT Phone Book delivered - with the Classified, Trade and Residential sections, the entire thing is about 6mm thick, 150 pages.

Do I use it to light the fire, or put it straight into recycling?

Scott.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: The Phone Book

Post by Dod101 »

swill453 wrote:I didn't even realise it still existed. We've just had our BT Phone Book delivered - with the Classified, Trade and Residential sections, the entire thing is about 6mm thick, 150 pages.

Scott.
I have not seen a Phone Book for some years. No, you should keep it, because it is useful for looking up addresses and some telephone numbers. I miss it

Dod

Bminusrob
Lemon Slice

Post by Bminusrob »

This is just another example of dumbing down/making everyone a winner. Now, anyone can rip a telephone directory in half.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Post by GoSeigen »

Dod101 wrote:
swill453 wrote:I didn't even realise it still existed. We've just had our BT Phone Book delivered - with the Classified, Trade and Residential sections, the entire thing is about 6mm thick, 150 pages.

Scott.
I have not seen a Phone Book for some years. No, you should keep it, because it is useful for looking up addresses and some telephone numbers. I miss it

Dod
Do you still look stuff up in an Encyclopedia Britannica? Personally far prefer looking it up online.

GS

DeepSporran

Post by DeepSporran »

Bminusrob wrote:This is just another example of dumbing down/making everyone a winner. Now, anyone can rip a telephone directory in half.
It’s many years since I tried this, but the secret was to tear from the spine, not from the page edges. I am absolutely no C. Atlas but I used to be able to perform the trick fairly easily with phone books that were maybe 1 and a quarter inches thick.

Didn’t need a tin of spinach first either ….

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Post by stewamax »

DeepSporran wrote:Didn’t need a tin of spinach first either ….
Haggis perhaps?

DeepSporran

Post by DeepSporran »

Irn Bru. It’s made from gurrders…..

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Post by WickedLester »

Ah the fun I had as a young boy phoning up Mr A Pratt. I guess what goes around comes around though as now I seem to get loads of phone calls from people asking if I want a free pension review or trying to get me to invest in their unregulated offshore company. I hope I'm not on one of those mug lists, I don't think I've ever been scammed in a big way.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”