Ed Milliband

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Ed Milliband

Post by redsturgeon »

Remember him, that strange geeky sort of guy who seemed a bit wooden, a bit too uncharismatic to be a PM.

Here he is pushing his new book and rating some of his most famous internet memes.

Strange how the last 45 days gives you a different perspective on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqRqwaPBWw

Is it just me or does he now come across as the genius offspring of Thatcher and Blair in terms of charisma and political nous.

John

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Ed Milliband

Post by swill453 »

Regarding the infamous bacon sandwich picture, I read a comment that he could now be pictured, as Labour leader, shoving said sandwich up his a*se and he'd still beat the tories in a general election.

Scott.

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

redsturgeon wrote:Remember him, that strange geeky sort of guy who seemed a bit wooden, a bit too uncharismatic to be a PM.

Here he is pushing his new book and rating some of his most famous internet memes.

Is it just me or does he now come across as the genius offspring of Thatcher and Blair in terms of charisma and political nous.
I have heard comments before that he seems to come across as more natural and relaxed, now that he hasn't the weight of leading the Labour Party to electoral victory upon his shoulders. :)

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

XFool wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:Remember him, that strange geeky sort of guy who seemed a bit wooden, a bit too uncharismatic to be a PM.

I have heard comments before that he seems to come across as more natural and relaxed, now that he hasn't the weight of leading the Labour Party to electoral victory upon his shoulders. :)
Are you suggesting the Elder Statesman effect, whereby someone who's been an utter disaster in a position of power or influence speaks words of wisdom when out of that role and not seeking to return to it?

Examples in Blighty would be Tony Benn or William Hague.

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

UncleEbenezer wrote:
XFool wrote: I have heard comments before that he seems to come across as more natural and relaxed, now that he hasn't the weight of leading the Labour Party to electoral victory upon his shoulders. :)
Are you suggesting the Elder Statesman effect, whereby someone who's been an utter disaster in a position of power or influence speaks words of wisdom when out of that role and not seeking to return to it?
Examples in Blighty would be Tony Benn or William Hague.
And G Brown, who seems much more personable than when he was in power.

V8

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”