Apparently...

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
simsqu
Lemon Slice

Apparently...

Post by simsqu »

...Queenie's not feeling too good. Thought she looked frailer than usual greeting Truss.

Hope she holds on for another couple of weeks: I'm going on holiday and I don't want the pubs to all close.

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Apparently...

Post by pje16 »

Yes, I saw that on the BBC website
I really hope she's OK

simsqu
Lemon Slice

Post by simsqu »

pje16 wrote:Yes, I saw that on the BBC website
I really hope she's OK
Well, she's 96 so I'm wondering if she's checking out, or perhaps she's on that inevitable all round slow decline. She's done pretty well so far, although I suspect that being in close proximity to both Johnson and Truss within a few minutes of each other was the last straw

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Post by bungeejumper »

"Rumours that I am losing my faculties, and that I am not expected to survive very much longer, are nothing but vile insults aimed at me by envious little people who will never understand the huge role I have played in uniting the sovereign British people". Said Elizabeth, after her meeting with the Queen. ;)

BJ

BhotiPila
2 Lemon pips

Post by BhotiPila »

Rumour has it that she has checked out and announcements being prepared. . . . . . :-(

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Post by Leothebear »

I hope this doesn't mean the BBC will be postponing one of my favourite repeats of "Flog it".

Dod101
The full Lemon

Post by Dod101 »

Snorvey wrote:Many have commented on the bruising on her hand. My mum had that and I can't recall what caused it - just old age I guess.

.....Or she was delivering stinging backhanders to the former Duke of Golf
It is a common thing on older people (like me!) Caused by thinning skin allowing blood vessels on the back of the hands in particular to bruise easily. Sounds as if the Queen's condition is more serious than that, what with her children and others making their way to Balmoral. Well she is 96 and cannot go on forever. It will still shake the nation though when she does go.

Dod

simsqu
Lemon Slice

Post by simsqu »

I bet Johnson's spitting feathers and seething with incandescent, impotent, narcissistic rage because Queenie didn't die a couple of weeks ago so he could have had his "Queen of Hearts / People's Princess" Blair moment, to boost his gravitas score

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

How do you suppose that conversation went?

There ain't room for two Lizzes at the top.

The BBC has already started to lose its regular programmes. :evil: :evil:

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

UncleEbenezer wrote: The BBC has already started to lose its regular programmes. :evil: :evil:
This is more important than TV ....

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Snorvey wrote:
pje16 wrote: This is more important than TV ....
Well it is more important to some.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be kinda sad to see her go (assuming this is 'it')....but not exactly bothered. And quite a large chunk of the population (not) looking forward to this winter won't be all that bothered either.
Imagine's it your mum
and she is a stalwart of this UNITED Kingdom

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Snorvey wrote:Yeah, but she's not my mum is she?

And yes, she's been around for a while but the country won't fall apart when she goes.

She's just a person. Same as you and me.
perhaps let's just agree to differ
I don't want to fall out over this.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Post by Clariman »

Moderator Message:
While I understand that there will be many different views on the Royal Family, can I ask for some sensitivity in the coming day(s) as the news around the Queen's health unfolds. Even if you consider her to be the same as you and me, it is a difficult time for her and her family and for those who hold the Queen and/or the monarchy in great affection. I say this as someone who is broadly a republican but have a great deal of respect for her as an individual. Furthermore when someone like her gets to this life stage it also brings back memories of our own friends, family ... and loss.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Post by Clariman »

Snorvey wrote:Thats me told.
No. It's not directed at anyone in particular. It was something I was intending to post earlier but had got distracted.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Post by terminal7 »

Clariman wrote:
Snorvey wrote:Thats me told.
No. It's not directed at anyone in particular. It was something I was intending to post earlier but had got distracted.
. . but will you listen?

T7

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

We all have our thoughts on this, but I for one, think she has done a magnificent job for our Nation and around the World for 70 plus years. Americans over here would kill to have that sort of history, good or bad. Incredible Woman and human being. Proud to have had her as our Queen during my lifetime. We all go don't we! I trust it's peaceful and painless for her. :cry:

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

pje16 wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote: The BBC has already started to lose its regular programmes. :evil: :evil:
This is more important than TV ....
Who said anything about TV?

It seems entirely fitting that the broadcast media will have some programmes about her, hopefully including things they didn't feature in that ghastly orgy of humbuggery just three months ago. But past experience suggests they'll go way OTT, and the pulling of at least one regular programme this afternoon seemed like an ominous sign. :evil:

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

UncleEbenezer wrote:
pje16 wrote: This is more important than TV ....
Who said anything about TV?

It seems entirely fitting that the broadcast media will have some programmes about her, hopefully including things they didn't feature in that ghastly orgy of humbuggery just three months ago. But past experience suggests they'll go way OTT, and the pulling of at least one regular programme this afternoon seemed like an ominous sign. :evil:
If the passing of Phil the Greek is anything to go by the Beeb will turn over their entire broadcast output over to exactly the same programme. https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 10#p403010. Plus BBC Three, which has returned to air since, and I expect this time the red button channel too.

When it happens I respectfully hope it does so on a Saturday, there's usually not much on then anyway....

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”