New Home, New Baby

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

New Home, New Baby

Post by Howyoudoin »

For those who have seen my previous posts on these subjects, just an update that one week after moving into our new home, our son arrived on 14 August.

Fair to say that things will never be the same again. :)

Can’t find a way to upload phone images on here but if it’s allowed, I’ll do it via the PC this evening.

HYD

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Re: New Home, New Baby

Post by GrahamPlatt »

Congratulations!

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Post by 6Tricia »

I was wondering only yesterday if we would have to wait much longer to see you post the good news! Congratulations to you both - hope you have learned the knack of nappy changing :D.

Tricia

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

Thanks everyone!

Not sure if this will work but a couple of photos of home and baby here. I remember back at TMF I got a load of grief for posting photos of family members. But as per usual - I don't care! :-p

HYD

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Post by ReformedCharacter »

Don't forget to take a few pictures of your baby having a screaming fit, it's something you'll come to appreciate in the years ahead :)
I have a great one of my first son, fists clenched and red in the face, it brings a smile every time I see it.

RC

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Post by Mike88 »

Many congratulations. Hope you're getting plenty of sleep.

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Post by Rhyd6 »

HYD, congratulations - he's beautiful, I quite envy you no matter how much I love my grandkids, great grandkids there's something special when they're so tiny and gorgeous. You'll find it's a total joy even when he finds out how to scream at the top of his voice :D

R6

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Post by Leothebear »

Congrats HYD!

Leo

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Post by GrahamPlatt »

Gorgeous!
And that’s a nice kitchen, too.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

ReformedCharacter wrote:Don't forget to take a few pictures of your baby having a screaming fit, it's something you'll come to appreciate in the years ahead :)
I have a great one of my first son, fists clenched and red in the face, it brings a smile every time I see it.

RC

Or their first full-scale tantrum? Ours had his in the middle of a large supermarket. He was about two, wanted a soft Tiger toy on display. I merely pointed out that he already had one. Next thing we knew, he was lying face down on the floor, arms and legs flailing, crying and screaming.

He was our first and my wife was there, so you can guess who won! Little sod! ;)

The tiger phase was followed a few months later by his Dinosaur phase and then his 'The Lion King phase'.

He's now 29 and still has his two tigers on a shelf! 8-)

Steve

elkay
2 Lemon pips

Post by elkay »

Congrats!

And I'm in awe at your planning - kitchen child-proofing already underway!

Elkay

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Post by stevensfo »

elkay wrote:Congrats!

Elkay
Yes, I noticed that as well. Our kitchen desperately needs replacing, so I had a good look!

Modern, dark colours, yet with plenty of light. I really like the clock.

The only bit I don't care for is the table and .... those chairs. Reminds me so much of school. ;)

Steve

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Post by Leothebear »

Elkay
It's entirely possible it's there to keep out HYD.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

Congrats HYD, just back from the UK. Cant see a pic of the baby, bottom left it's blanked out into a white square???

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

stevensfo wrote:

Elkay
Yes, I noticed that as well. Our kitchen desperately needs replacing, so I had a good look!

Modern, dark colours, yet with plenty of light. I really like the clock.

The only bit I don't care for is the table and .... those chairs. Reminds me so much of school. ;)

Steve
Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong picture. Where is this clock you refer to?

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Post by nimnarb »

Duh? Forget that last post. It's late. Yes, I see it now, very neat. Was looking for a clock with a face in a circle etc, etc. (twat) Now started looking for this baby again, but honestly, unless I have totally lost it(some might say I have) still can't find it, then again, couldn't find the cool looking timepiece on the wall, so perhaps said child is somewhere :lol:

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Post by kiloran »

nimnarb wrote:Congrats HYD, just back from the UK. Cant see a pic of the baby, bottom left it's blanked out into a white square???
I see what you are seeing. It's changed, there used to be a picture of the baby, and there was no blank square

--kiloran

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

nimnarb wrote:Congrats HYD, just back from the UK. Cant see a pic of the baby, bottom left it's blanked out into a white square???

Thanks! The mods told me that they blanked out the name of the estate agent for privacy reasons which accounts for the white square.

They also said that the link to the baby pic was broken so they removed it. Not sure what happened to cause that but here it is again:

HYD

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

Howyoudoin wrote: They also said that the link to the baby pic was broken so they removed it. Not sure what happened to cause that but here it is again:

HYD
I saw the pic before, though it was a little smaller in my recollection (I guess I saw him on the laptop, though it doesn't feel like just that difference). You must be floating on air, walking around with a huge smile. At least, if you get a bit of sleep from time to time.

Is your good lady getting grief from the current diplomatic spat with her country? Answer obviously not expected if it's inappropriate or complicated.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”