Truss

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Truss

Post by bungeejumper »

Hallucigenia wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:Fascinating, isn't it? Truss and Kwasi were two of the co-authors of the Britannia Unhinged book (2012)
Unchained rather than Unhinged, although the latter was used by Paul McNamara of GAM in his recent review
Yeah, well I'd decided to give the irony emoji a rest, just for once. :P :) :D :lol: :roll:

BJ

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Post by kiloran »

Interesting to look at the FTSE100 and FTSE250 charts today.... spot the instant at which Truss starts talking!

--kiloran

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
Beerpig wrote:Truss and the chancellor are toast.
Absolute burnt toast.
And there is no way back- it is just a matter of when they are scrubbed.

All this talk about some special measures at the end of the month is just nonsense. They haven't got a plan B which is why they have asked for breathing space while they try and think something up.
They never had a Plan A

AiY(D)
They've rewarded their hedgie friends handsomely.

Was there supposed to be another plan?

Hallucigenia
Lemon Quarter

Post by Hallucigenia »

Hallucigenia wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:Unchained rather than Unhinged, although the latter was used by Paul McNamara of GAM in his recent review
Yeah, well I'd decided to give the irony emoji a rest, just for once. :P :) :D :lol: :roll:
Trouble is I find myself using it unironically, I've just got it into my head that's what it's called, like the Grauniad...

Arborbridge
Lemon Half

Post by Arborbridge »

monabri wrote:Prime Minister....<insert question here >

LT answer:

rewind, play

" I am determined to grow the economy...etc"

Two lumps of sugar, PM?

rewind, play

Is that an improvement on every answer being PUTIN, though perhaps she realised that was untenable.

Watching her today confirms the feeling that she is a bit weird.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Post by redsturgeon »

I thought when Truss was being put forward as the likely favourite for the PM role that she was perhaps a useful idiot.

I now think I may have been half right.

John

swill453
Lemon Half

Post by swill453 »

They'll be making a film of the last few months - Four Chancellors and a Funeral.

Scott.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Post by moorfield »

swill453 wrote:They'll be making a film of the last few months - Four Chancellors and a Funeral.
Is it (the economy) tanking? I hadn't noticed... [sic]

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

moorfield wrote:
swill453 wrote:They'll be making a film of the last few months - Four Chancellors and a Funeral.
Is it (the economy) tanking? I hadn't noticed... [sic]
Plenty of people are making money out of this. Plenty are not. As always it helps to understand what is going on.

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Post by AsleepInYorkshire »

redsturgeon wrote:I thought when Truss was being put forward as the likely favourite for the PM role that she was perhaps a useful idiot.

I now think I may have been half right.

John
You're slipping :lol:

AiY(D)
On his bike ;)

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Post by 1nvest »

Never mind LT, look on the bright side, its less than two more chancellors till xmas.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Post by Mike4 »

Arborbridge wrote:
monabri wrote:Prime Minister....<insert question here >

LT answer:

rewind, play

Two lumps of sugar, PM?

rewind, play

Is that an improvement on every answer being PUTIN, though perhaps she realised that was untenable.

Watching her today confirms the feeling that she is a bit weird.

I was musing about this exact point earlier while driving to Stratford and listening her wooden performance on the van hifi, and I actually identified an advantage of Ms Truss being PM. At least with Truss we no longer get "vaccine, vaccines, roll-out, vaccines" in answer to every question. Yay!

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Post by bungeejumper »

moorfield wrote:Is it (the economy) tanking? I hadn't noticed... [sic]
The last time I saw such terrible tanking as this, Liz Truss was at the controls. Bet she wishes she still had the flak jacket. :D

BJ

swill453
Lemon Half

Post by swill453 »

Have I Got News For You tweet:

BREAKING: Superman reversing Earth’s rotation loses title as biggest U-turn in human history.

Scott.

Beerpig
Lemon Slice

Post by Beerpig »

Odds varying between 4/9 - 4/11 Truss to go in 2022.
Sunak 13/8 fav next PM.
Really doesn't matter who the Tories put up - the party has had it at the next election and it seems to me no wipe out would be more deserved.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Post by scotia »

Since it is being reported that Ms Truss has declined to attend Parliament to answer a direct question, is it conceivable that she is contemplating making an appointment with King Charles to hand in her resignation? At her last meeting Charles was heard to say
Dear oh Dear
Could the Beerpig Snuggers put their talents towards suggesting a suitable greeting this time?

WrenChasen
2 Lemon pips

Post by WrenChasen »

Beerpig wrote: Really doesn't matter who the Tories put up - the party has had it at the next election and it seems to me no wipe out would be more deserved.
Agreed, but I'm not sure there's any current politician up to the job, and much as I disliked Boris for his ability to dissemble, I do think the Conservatives have brought this situation on themselves (and us) by getting rid of him.

And I don't think Truss has done herself any favours by bailing out of this afternoon's debate, whatever her excuse. She needs to resign PDQ.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Post by terminal7 »

Mordaunt says "the PM is not under a desk" - apparently she has something very import to do - all this while her new CotE is about to explain why the economy has tanked since the PM took over. Way beyond fiction - more fantasy.

T7

Dod101
The full Lemon

Post by Dod101 »

I should imagine that she is composing her resignation statement. Anyway Penny Mordaunt is doing a great job. Maybe she should be PM!

Dod

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Post by 1nvest »

terminal7 wrote:Mordaunt says "the PM is not under a desk" - apparently she has something very import to do
She is after all the best that the Tories had to offer, so some private additional maths and public speaking tuition towards striving for perfection is important.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”