Rufford Mill ford

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Rufford Mill ford

Post by XFool »

Time gentlemen, please!

TikTok car-fishing craze leads to closure of ancient Rufford ford

The Guardian

Council steps in after videos on social media turn Nottinghamshire river crossing into viral tourist attraction

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

As an owner of shares in Admiral I shall be advising them of these idiots and hopefully they will refuse to pay out on insurance claims! :cry:

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Post by Clitheroekid »

I’d have thought the problem could be solved quite easily just by putting some hefty speed bumps either side of the ford – the whole point of it seems to be to drive through quickly, and speed bumps would soon sort that out.

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Post by Lanark »

Clitheroekid wrote:I’d have thought the problem could be solved quite easily just by putting some hefty speed bumps either side of the ford – the whole point of it seems to be to drive through quickly, and speed bumps would soon sort that out.
Until the rising water covers the bump.

This is just an example of the internet ruining everything, if this hadn't gone viral on TikTok they wouldn't have idiots taking it too far.

It seems they have had idiots flooding their cars for a while but they were only hurting themselves.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”