Some good news about African wildlife for a change

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Some good news about African wildlife for a change

Post by Clitheroekid »

Most of the stories we read about African wildlife are deeply depressing, involving poaching, corruption, destruction of habitat etc, so I really enjoyed reading this brilliant piece, and some of the photos are fabulous - https://blog.burrard-lucas.com/2022/10/ ... ent-138673

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Re: Some good news about African wildlife for a change

Post by 88V8 »

Clitheroekid wrote:Most of the stories we read about African wildlife are deeply depressing, involving poaching, corruption, destruction of habitat etc, so I really enjoyed reading this brilliant piece, and some of the photos are fabulous
Yes, and the photos leave my wildlife camera in the dust.

There is good reason to be depressed about African wildlife - given the rate of population growth most of it will be erased, so it's good to record what's there while it's there.

V8

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Some good news about African wildlife for a change

Post by stevensfo »

Clitheroekid wrote:Most of the stories we read about African wildlife are deeply depressing, involving poaching, corruption, destruction of habitat etc, so I really enjoyed reading this brilliant piece, and some of the photos are fabulous - https://blog.burrard-lucas.com/2022/10/ ... ent-138673
Fabulous is an understatement. I spent hours once trying to get a good photo of a bleedin' robin in our garden and totally messed up.

The small size of the pond and the hide must seem like the answer to their prayers for photographers who don't have ultra-expensive telephoto lenses.

I just wonder how long they have to stay locked in the hide before it's safe to come out.

No doubt my wife would help me. "Just pop out and get me a sandwich darling. There's nothing out there.... honestly!" 8-)

Steve

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”