Bounty happen...

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
swill453
Lemon Half

Bounty happen...

Post by swill453 »

Fantastic marketing by Mars in getting major news headlines for removing Bounty from Celebrations choc boxes.

Turns out they're doing almost nothing - 2000 special edition Bounty-free tins only in a handful of Tescos.

But they've got the masses talking and arguing about it. Genius.

Scott.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bounty happen...

Post by Howyoudoin »

swill453 wrote:Fantastic marketing by Mars in getting major news headlines for removing Bounty from Celebrations choc boxes.

Turns out they're doing almost nothing - 2000 special edition Bounty-free tins only in a handful of Tescos.

But they've got the masses talking and arguing about it. Genius.

Scott.
I've never understood why people seem to dislike them so much (compared to the other choices in the tin).

More for me to hoover up though when that's all that is left. :)

HYD

PS Why don't they try putting in the dark chocolate version rather than the milk? Even better.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Post by DrFfybes »

Howyoudoin wrote: I've never understood why people seem to dislike them so much (compared to the other choices in the tin).
I hate them, although not enough to make a special trip to Tesco for a Bounty free box.

Oddly I like coconut in things - coconut milk in Thai curry, but I really hate the texture, and the fact that coconuts squeek like a dentist's drill when you chew it.

Paul

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Howyoudoin wrote: I've never understood why people seem to dislike them so much (compared to the other choices in the tin).
I hate them too, all bitty and foul tasting as well

swill453
Lemon Half

Post by swill453 »

pje16 wrote:I hate them too, all bitty and foul tasting as well
DrFfybes wrote:I hate them, although not enough to make a special trip to Tesco for a Bounty free box.
Howyoudoin wrote:I've never understood why people seem to dislike them so much (compared to the other choices in the tin).
Argh sorry, I'm propagating the marketing-manufactured fake argument.

No such thing as bad publicity, as they say.

Scott.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Post by DrFfybes »

swill453 wrote:
No such thing as bad publicity, as they say.

Scott.
I suspect Rolf Harris would disagree.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”