It was truly amazing chatting with you ...

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
mc2fool
Lemon Half

It was truly amazing chatting with you ...

Post by mc2fool »

Here's a (only slightly edited) transcript of a chat I recently had with a TalkTalk agent which left me wondering, did he really type all that flowery OTT stuff himself, or is it part of their standard scripts that he can insert into the chat at a click, and if the latter, who on earth writes them?!? See what you think...

TT 14:46 Hi, a pleasant afternoon to you, <mc2fool>. I hope that you are doing well and fine. You are through to <TT agent>, your friendly advisor from the TalkTalk Customer Service and Billing Chat Support Team.

Me 14:46 Hi. I've received an email saying TT TV will go up by £1 in November, however I have a Free TalkTalk TV Discount until January, so my question is, does the Free TalkTalk TV Discount cover the increased price or will I be paying £1 from november?

TT 14:47 Thank you so much for getting in touch about this with us. No worries. I can definitely assist you with this. I will ensure that you obtain the resolution that you are looking for moving forward. I need your help first as I am going to ask you a few questions to access your account and assist you. Is that okay with you?

Me 14:47 yes

TT 14:47 Thank you so much for confirming and for verification purposes and also to secure your account. May I have the 1st and 3rd character of your telephone password on the account?

Me 14:48 X and Y

TT 14:48 Thank you so much for your time and patience in this process. I really appreciate it. Right now, I successfully pulled up and verified your account, so let's go ahead with solving your concern.
TT 14:48 May you please allow me to put you on hold for about 2-3 minutes of your time to further check and carefully investigate this for you here on my end. Would that be okay with you?

Me 14:49 yes

TT 14:49 Thank you so much for confirming and please stay connected with me on the line as I further check this for you here at my end.

TT 14:52 Thank you so much for patiently waiting on the line as per doing an accurate check here at my end that you are able to avail our only selected promotion which is the free TalkTalk TV subscription that is good for 18 months
TT 14:53 No worries I can confirm and assure to you that this has been give for you for free for the rest of your 18 month contract term.
TT 14:53 You will no longer need to pay for the TalkTalk Tv subscriptions.

Me 14:54 So, just to confirm, the discount will include the £1 increase, so I'll continue to pay nothing until January, yes?

TT 14:55 Yes I can confirm that to you that you no longer need to pay any for your TalkTalk TV until 6th of January 2023.
TT 14:56 I really appreciate your patience as we've gone through all of this. I just want to make sure that all your queries are answered whilst you are online. Is there anything else that I can still be able to help you with?

Me 14:56 Terrific, thank you. One last thing, you used to be able to get the chats emailed to you but I can't find that option any more, am I looking in the wrong place?

TT 14:57 You're very much welcome and just to confirm are you referring to get the transcript of our chat conversation for your future reference?

Me 14:57 Yes, exactly that. I used to be able to get it emailed to me, how do I do that now?

TT 14:58 Thank you for confirming no worries at the end of our chat you will receive three survey after you provided the feedback base on the service that I have provided to you. You will be prompted by the system to provide your email address for you to receive the transcript through email.
TT 14:59 Before I close this chat conversation for you to be prompted by the transcript is there anything else that I can still be of help to you?

Me 14:59 No, that's it thanks.

TT 14:59 You're very much welcome and may I ask if I can take 2-3 minutes of your time to provide a feedback on the three survey that will pop out after our chat conversation will be ended. Would that be fine for you?

Me 15:00 Ok

TT 15:00 Thank you so much for your time and patience again, Mr. <mc2fool>. I had such a wonderful conversation with you as I do really appreciate your kindness and a very broad understanding whilst I had you on the line.
TT 15:00 I'm glad that I am able to assist you, and I won't be taking too much of your time. It was a pleasure to assist you today, and thank you for taking time to chat with me. Please know that by the end of this chat there will be a short feedback and if I can take at least 10 seconds of your time to take the survey, it would be very much appreciated if you rated us regarding the service that I've provided.
TT 15:00 I would really appreciate your feedback on the two survey that will pop out after this chat conversation ended.
TT 15:00 I just want to let you know that it was truly amazing chatting with you today. Please do take the necessary health and safety precautions to stay safe during this pandemic. Your life matters most.
TT 15:00 Here at TalkTalk, we always want to make sure that concerns such as this get sorted and clarified in a timely manner. Thank you for being the best part of TalkTalk. Once again, this is <TT agent> from the TalkTalk Customer Service and Billing Chat Support Team. Take care and please do enjoy the rest of your lovely day. You deserve it. Bye for now, Mr. <mc2fool> and have a wonderful day ahead with you and your loved ones.

:!: :o :shock: :!: Blimey!

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: It was truly amazing chatting with you ...

Post by XFool »

mc2fool wrote:Here's a (only slightly edited) transcript of a chat I recently had with a TalkTalk agent which left me wondering, did he really type all that flowery OTT stuff himself, or is it part of their standard scripts that he can insert into the chat at a click, and if the latter, who on earth writes them?!? See what you think...

TT 14:46 Hi, a pleasant afternoon to you, <mc2fool>. I hope that you are doing well and fine. You are through to <TT agent>, your friendly advisor from the TalkTalk Customer Service and Billing Chat Support Team.
Sounding like the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's elevator.

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Post by 6Tricia »

Ditto - almost word for word when getting a different problem solved. I had to go through it all with 2 different agents........it was worth it though as I ended up with a £30 charge being refunded :D.

Tricia

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Post by Redmires »

XFool wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Here's a (only slightly edited) transcript of a chat I recently had with a TalkTalk agent which left me wondering, did he really type all that flowery OTT stuff himself, or is it part of their standard scripts that he can insert into the chat at a click, and if the latter, who on earth writes them?!? See what you think...

Sounding like the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's elevator.
And one day soon, Eddie the toaster will greet you the same way every morning :cry:

Mike4
Lemon Half

Post by Mike4 »

That's convinced me to go with PlusNet.

Thanks!

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Mike4 wrote:That's convinced me to go with PlusNet.

Thanks!
You won't regret that Mike
I have been with them for years
Customer service (when you may need it) is excellent
cheers
Paul

WrenChasen
2 Lemon pips

Post by WrenChasen »

As someone whose natural instinct leans towards brevity, I find TT's chat facility seriously tedious - all that wordy obsequiousness is a complete waste of my time and actually makes me cringe. The temptation is to type, "Just answer the damned question", but I imagine I would get more of the same; they probably have a keyboard shortcut for 'Polite Answer to Very Irate Customer'.

So far, I've only had to engage with TT's agents at renewal, but if I ever experience problems and have to deal with them through chat for any length of time I'd be looking for another provider.

it would be interesting to know how other providers interact with their customers.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

WrenChasen wrote: it would be interesting to know how other providers interact with their customers.
See my post above
Plusnet support team must have been on “how to treat your customer well” course

didds
Lemon Quarter

Post by didds »

pje16 wrote:
Then maybe it's changed in the past very few years. They may have well advertised UK based call centres etc - but that seemed to mean in reality the wait to be answered, no matter what time of day or night, seemed to be at least 45 minutes. Their provided (Thompson) routers were shonky as hell - we got through 4 in about 26 months, they just kept dieing. They tried to blame our electricity supply in our house - but as I pointed out this was exactly the same supply that had powered a Belkin router for ten years with Zen, then a couple of years with a BT hub with BT, perfectly fine with no issues - and that had a surge protector on it as well, so i didn't accept their attempt to fob me off. In the end they refused to send me another router without signing up for a new two year contract, so I called their bluff and moved back to BT (whose rates had miraculously dropped in those 26 months) - and then no issues with the BT hub provided - now there's a thing. The biggest irony of course being PlusNet was/is owned by BT anyway.

Bunch of shysters frankly. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

didds wrote:The biggest irony of course being PlusNet was/is owned by BT anyway.
First direct are owned by HSBC – chalk and cheese in favour of the former
I noted the irony it is just another example

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

Thanks!
Ah, careful Mike, if you go for Plusnet then when you need phone support you'll be forced to listen to On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at until you can repeat at least the first two verses. And when you go for chat support instead of the closing paragraphs I got from TalkTalk, Plusnet will close with:

Thank theur sa much for thy tahhm 'n patience agin, mr. Mike4. Ah 'ed such eur wonderful conversation wi' theur as ah doa chuffin' appreciate thy kindness 'n eur reeight broad understandin whilst ah 'ed theur ont' line.
I'm glad 'a' ah'm able ta assist theur, 'n ah won't be takin tooa much o' thy tahhm. It wor eur pleasure ta assist theur today, 'n thank theur for takin tahhm ta cha' wi' uz. Please kna 'a' by t' en' o' dis cha' theear will be eur shoarts feedback 'n if ah can tek a' least 10 seconds o' thy tahhm ta tek t' survey, it 'ood be reeight much appreciated if theur rated wee regardin t' service 'a' i've provided.
I 'ood chuffin' appreciate thy feedback ont' twoa survey 'a' will pop art afta dis cha' conversation ended. I just want ta let theur norrz 'a' it wor truly amazin chattin wi' theur today. Please doa tek t' necessary 'ealth 'n safety precautions ta stay safe durin dis pandemic. Thy life matters most.
Heear a' PlusNet, we allus want ta mek sure 'a' concerns such as dis gerr sorted 'n clarified i' eur timely manna. Thank theur for bein t' best part o' PlusNet. Once agin, dis is t'agent fra t' PlusNet customa service 'n billin cha' suppoarts team. Tek care 'n please doa enjoy t' rest o' thy lush day. Theur deserve it. tarreur for naw, mr. Mike4 'n av eur wonderful day ahead wi' theur 'n thy loved ones. Translation by http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/main.asp

Ee by gum! :D

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

mc2fool wrote:

Thanks!
Ah, careful Mike, if you go for Plusnet then when you need phone support you'll be forced to listen to On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at until you can repeat at least the first two verses. And when you go for chat support instead of the closing paragraphs I got from TalkTalk, Plusnet will close with:

Thank theur sa much for thy tahhm 'n patience agin, mr. Mike4. Ah 'ed such eur wonderful conversation wi' theur as ah doa chuffin' appreciate thy kindness 'n eur reeight broad understandin whilst ah 'ed theur ont' line.
I'm glad 'a' ah'm able ta assist theur, 'n ah won't be takin tooa much o' thy tahhm. It wor eur pleasure ta assist theur today, 'n thank theur for takin tahhm ta cha' wi' uz. Please kna 'a' by t' en' o' dis cha' theear will be eur shoarts feedback 'n if ah can tek a' least 10 seconds o' thy tahhm ta tek t' survey, it 'ood be reeight much appreciated if theur rated wee regardin t' service 'a' i've provided.
I 'ood chuffin' appreciate thy feedback ont' twoa survey 'a' will pop art afta dis cha' conversation ended. I just want ta let theur norrz 'a' it wor truly amazin chattin wi' theur today. Please doa tek t' necessary 'ealth 'n safety precautions ta stay safe durin dis pandemic. Thy life matters most.
Heear a' PlusNet, we allus want ta mek sure 'a' concerns such as dis gerr sorted 'n clarified i' eur timely manna. Thank theur for bein t' best part o' PlusNet. Once agin, dis is t'agent fra t' PlusNet customa service 'n billin cha' suppoarts team. Tek care 'n please doa enjoy t' rest o' thy lush day. Theur deserve it. tarreur for naw, mr. Mike4 'n av eur wonderful day ahead wi' theur 'n thy loved ones.
Sounds much better in Brummie. IMO:
"Thank theur sa much fer thy tahhm 'n patience agin, mr. mike4. ah 'ed such eur wonderful conversation wi' theur as ah doa chuffin' appreciate thy kindness 'n eur reeoight broad understandin whilst ah 'ed theur ont' lion. i'm glad 'a' ah'm able ta assist theur, 'n ah woo be takin tooa much o' thy tahhm. it wor eur pleasure ta assist theur to-die, 'n thank theur fer takin tahhm ta cha' wi' uz. ployz kna 'a' by t' en' o' dis cha' theear wull be eur shoarts feedback 'n if ah can tek a' leus 10 seconds o' thy tahhm ta tek t' survey, it 'ood be reeoight much appreciated if theur rated wee regardin t' service 'a' i've provided. i 'ood chuffin' appreciate thy feedback ont' twoa survey 'a' wull pop art afta dis cha' conversation ended. I just want ta let theur norrz 'a' it wor truly amazin chattin wi' theur to-die. ployz doa tek t' necessary 'ealth 'n safety precautions ta stoy bostin durin dis pandemic. thy loife matters most. heear a' plusnet, we allus want ta mek sure 'a' concerns such as dis gerr sorted 'n clarifoid i' eur timely manna. thank theur fer bein t' bostin' part o' plusnet. once agin, dis is t'agent fra t' plusnet customa service 'n billin cha' suppoarts team. tek care 'n ployz doa enjoy t' rest o' thy lush doy. theur deserve it. tarreur fer naw, mr. mike4 'n av eur wonderful doy ahead wi' theur 'n thy loved ones."

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

A very amusing post above
Mike it is all in jest (as if you didn't know) :lol:

dave559
Lemon Pip

Post by dave559 »

mc2fool wrote: Thank theur sa much for thy tahhm 'n patience agin, mr. Mike4. Ah 'ed such eur wonderful conversation wi' theur as ah doa chuffin' appreciate thy kindness 'n eur reeight broad understandin whilst ah 'ed theur ont' line.
Heear a' PlusNet, we allus want ta mek sure 'a' concerns such as dis gerr sorted 'n clarified i' eur timely manna. Thank theur for bein t' best part o' PlusNet. Once agin, dis is t'agent fra t' PlusNet customa service 'n billin cha' suppoarts team. Tek care 'n please doa enjoy t' rest o' thy lush day. Theur deserve it. tarreur for naw, mr. Mike4 'n av eur wonderful day ahead wi' theur 'n thy loved ones.
Nah, surely no true Yorkshireman (or Yorkshirelass) would ever waste their time and precious breath on such unnecessarily wordy spiel, even in their own dialect… ;)

It'd be more like: "Ta much, now will tha do this survey? Tek care now, and shut t'door on thy way out…" :D

(I'm sure a real Yorkshireman, which I am not, could be even more economical than the above…)

Mike4
Lemon Half

Post by Mike4 »

mc2fool wrote:

Thanks!

Heear a' PlusNet, we allus want ta mek sure 'a' concerns such as dis gerr sorted 'n clarified i' eur timely manna. Thank theur for bein t' best part o' PlusNet. Once agin, dis is t'agent fra t' PlusNet customa service 'n billin cha' suppoarts team. Tek care 'n please doa enjoy t' rest o' thy lush day. Theur deserve it. tarreur for naw, mr. Mike4 'n av eur wonderful day ahead wi' theur 'n thy loved ones. Translation by http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/main.asp

Ee by gum! :D

Its too late, I pressed the "order now" button!

And yes I appreciate they are the same bunch as BT but BT have cheesed me off monumentally by putting my monthly price up from £20 on expiry of my two year contract to £43( flippin' 'eck!), so a change of some sort was due. And rather than waste time on the phone trying to negotiate them down to the £23 their PlusNet department is charging, I just changed to PlusNet. This aligns with my personal policy of avoiding engaging with any sort of 'customer service' (of any type, including the type you describe) at every opportunity.

(Edit just to finesse it a bit.)

SimonS
Lemon Slice

Post by SimonS »

Mike4 wrote:
And yes I appreciate they are the same bunch as BT but BT have cheesed me off monumentally by putting my monthly price up from £20 on expiry of my two year contract to £43( flippin' 'eck!), so a change of some sort was due. And rather than waste time on the phone trying to negotiate them down to the £23 their PlusNet department is charging, I just changed to PlusNet. This aligns with my personal policy of avoiding engaging with any sort of 'customer service' (of any type, including the type you describe) at every opportunity.

(Edit just to finesse it a bit.)
I must admit that I get sorely pissed off at the disparity between industries. The insurance industry recently got smacked on the knuckles for charging their 'loyal' customers excessively in order to support the rate-tartis, while the telecomms industry brazenly advertises that loyalty will cost you approximately a 100 % increase after 2 years and currently are forecasting a 16 to 18% price increase in March (RPI+4%).

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

pje16 wrote:

Thanks!
cheers
Paul
Gotta love Plusnet just had an email that said

“We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a credit. £16.80 will be credited to your account for the following reason:
Automatic compensation – Delayed loss of service repair”

OK I did have some loss of service earlier this year, nothing too dramatic, but it was all the fault of Open Reach not Plusnet

Still, every little helps

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”