The hospital is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
dubre
2 Lemon pips

The hospital is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses

Post by dubre »

Moderator Message:
Split off from here. - Chris
Some of the above chat about LGEN reminds me of a conversation I once had with a friend, now retired, who had a senior non medical position at our local hospital. He said " don't make the mistake of thinking that the hospital is run for the benefit of patients, it is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses"

Simply repeating a comment, I have no opinion.

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: The hospital is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses

Post by pje16 »

dubre wrote:Some of the above chat about LGEN reminds me of a conversation I once had with a friend, now retired, who had a senior non medical position at our local hospital. He said " don't make the mistake of thinking that the hospital is run for the benefit of patients, it is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses"

Simply repeating a comment, I have no opinion.
Non-medical position is the key to note here
I KNOW the doctors and nurses who looked after me when I had triple bypass surgery it was for my benefit, to say the least
Edit what this has to do with equities escapes me ;)

rhys

Post by rhys »

dubre wrote:...reminds me of a conversation I once had with a friend, now retired, who had a senior non medical position at our local hospital. He said " don't make the mistake of thinking that the hospital is run for the benefit of patients, it is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses"
That remark speaks more about your friend. Seen from the perspective of management, the hospital may well be all about doctors and nurses.
I suggest that's exactly how it should be. Give the clinicians control of the budget, if they can't decide how to best allocate resources, then who can?

Sorry, it's off topic. Remove it if it offends.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

rhys wrote:
dubre wrote:...reminds me of a conversation I once had with a friend, now retired, who had a senior non medical position at our local hospital. He said " don't make the mistake of thinking that the hospital is run for the benefit of patients, it is run for the benefit of the doctors and nurses"
That remark speaks more about your friend. Seen from the perspective of management, the hospital may well be all about doctors and nurses.
I suggest that's exactly how it should be. Give the clinicians control of the budget, if they can't decide how to best allocate resources, then who can?

They was tv program many years back. Gerry fixs the NHS.

He embarrassed some of the consultant doctors with logic and common sense.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Post by redsturgeon »

Gerry557 wrote:
rhys wrote: That remark speaks more about your friend. Seen from the perspective of management, the hospital may well be all about doctors and nurses.

They was tv program many years back. Gerry fixs the NHS.

Consultants are employed to look after people's health. They are not generally very good at managing a budget, nor should that be their main focus.

John

didds
Lemon Quarter

Post by didds »

redsturgeon wrote:
Consultants are employed to look after people's health. They are not generally very good at managing a budget, nor should that be their main focus.

John

In exactly the same way a premiership football team wouldn't expect their star striker to run the player budget.

didds

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

redsturgeon wrote:
Gerry557 wrote: They was tv program many years back. Gerry fixs the NHS.

John
They are not very good at looking after peoples health and that should be their main focus. In fact they almost prevented it for their own gain. I doubt much has changed since it was recorded.

https://youtu.be/YIl0b7dWHHY

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”