Ukraine vs UK

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Ukraine vs UK

Post by Howyoudoin »

I suspect that this will be a thread where the only one replying is me, because no-one else has been there and has nothing to add. But I thought it would help in giving an insight into the differences between the Ukraine and the UK.

Here is the bathroom that I use in the family flat when I visit in Crimea:

It's a fair question to ask where the toilet and sink is. There is no sink for a start. And I couldn't manage to get a photo of the toilet in the same photo shot as it was behind the door to my left.

Here is my current bathroom:

These people live a very meagre life. When people in the UK say that they live 'hand to mouth' i'm not sure that they really do, compared to Ukrainian peopleut maybe they do. I don't want to point score, just merely bring to the attention of fellow Snuggers how others live.

HYD

PS Crimea is beautiful and I will post photos showing that soon. It's not all doom and gloom.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Re: Ukraine vs UK

Post by nimnarb »

Nice to see the toilet paper in your new place turned round the correct way. Yes, we have it easy but very neat and orderly and if it works, it works. Sometimes, as I recently experienced in a well known London 5 Star hotel all the gadgets, whistles and bells, is all show and no substance. They had such low pressure in this ridiculous tiny sink and the water came out like a fountain. Meant to look pretty and all that, yet was f...in useless when it came to shaving. What I did experience though was my first encounter with a smart Toto Japanese toilet...
Oooh ahhh, I need one of those yesterday. Messaging Snorvs who is an expert(after me :lol: ) on all things lavatorial and if he feels it's suitable to discuss here, will give you the analytical details :lol:

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

Howyoudoin wrote: PS Crimea is beautiful and I will post photos showing that soon. It's not all doom and gloom.
Please do: I'm sure I won't be the only Fool who'd like that.

I expect it would be opening a can of worms to solicit views from your missus and her family on the events of 2014 and of this year? Though I seem to recollect the result of their referendum in 2014 was a lot clearer than ours in 2016.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

nimnarb wrote:Nice to see the toilet paper in your new place turned round the correct way. Yes, we have it easy but very neat and orderly and if it works, it works. Sometimes, as I recently experienced in a well known London 5 Star hotel all the gadgets, whistles and bells, is all show and no substance. They had such low pressure in this ridiculous tiny sink and the water came out like a fountain.
Absolutely right Branmin. We also have a ridiculously small sink in the bathroom. In the photo it’s not obvious but believe me it is and ruins it for me.

Just one of a number of jobs that I need to do on this house having thought there was nothing that needed doing.

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

UncleEbenezer wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote: PS Crimea is beautiful and I will post photos showing that soon. It's not all doom and gloom.
Please do: I'm sure I won't be the only Fool who'd like that.

I expect it would be opening a can of worms to solicit views from your missus and her family on the events of 2014 and of this year? Though I seem to recollect the result of their referendum in 2014 was a lot clearer than ours in 2016.
This you? https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 05#p527492

Amazing how people think they can be rude to you on another thread and then polite on another.

HYD

CliffEdge
Lemon Slice

Post by CliffEdge »

Howyoudoin wrote:I suspect that this will be a thread where the only one replying is me, because no-one else has been there and has nothing to add. But I thought it would help in giving an insight into the differences between the Ukraine and the UK.

It's a fair question to ask where the toilet and sink is. There is no sink for a start. And I couldn't manage to get a photo of the toilet in the same photo shot as it was behind the door to my left.

These people live a very meagre life. When people in the UK say that they live 'hand to mouth' i'm not sure that they really do, compared to Ukrainian peopleut maybe they do. I don't want to point score, just merely bring to the attention of fellow Snuggers how others live.

HYD

PS Crimea is beautiful and I will post photos showing that soon. It's not all doom and gloom.
That UK bathroom is horrible.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Post by Howyoudoin »

CliffEdge wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:I suspect that this will be a thread where the only one replying is me, because no-one else has been there and has nothing to add. But I thought it would help in giving an insight into the differences between the Ukraine and the UK.

HYD

That UK bathroom is horrible.
That’s it? That’s your critique? :D

I’m amazed that you haven’t been banned yet. Most of your posts on here just seem to be trolling.

One for the Mods to look into I think.

HYD

CliffEdge
Lemon Slice

Post by CliffEdge »

Howyoudoin wrote:
CliffEdge wrote: That UK bathroom is horrible.

I’m amazed that you haven’t been banned yet. Most of your posts on here just seem to be trolling.

HYD
You post up a picture of your bathroom for all to see and then get miffed when I say that it looks horrible to me? It's not a criticism of your taste, nothing personal, you said you inherited it in the house you bought. If you don't like it, why did you post it.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Post by TUK020 »

Perhaps phrasing that as "That UK bathroom is not to my taste at all" would have been less antagonistic.
The bath is not to my liking (I am rather tall, and so look for length above all else), but the shower looks pretty neat.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Post by ReformedCharacter »

Howyoudoin wrote:

HYD
Perhaps CliffEdge is missing his McDougal's instant thickening granules. Or has had too many already.

RC

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Post by UncleEbenezer »

TUK020 wrote:
Perhaps phrasing that as "That UK bathroom is not to my taste at all" would have been less antagonistic.
There are several things about it I'd change. Or perhaps, things I'd want to change but take forever to get around to, as they're not urgent. But each to his own taste.

Regarding the Crimean bathroom, that appears to be constrained by its small size, so there's less one can do (at least without knocking down walls). There are plenty of homes in Blighty with small and basic bathrooms, too. If you have working hot water there, that alone makes it better than some I've had.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”