HYPTUS v11.31 Run-time error 5

Discussions regarding financial software
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: HYPTUS v11.31 Run-time error 5

Post by Itsallaguess »

midgesgalore wrote:
I gave the beta version HYPTUSS a whirl today and no problems other than forgetting the excel 97 version baulks at my conditional formatting and reporting ovelay.

All is good and fairly quick to implement if you ignore initial customisation issues.

A very minor point is the Digital Look data sheet entry for "Henty Boot" still has the old EPIC symbol of BHY instead of the newer BOOT.
It is such a low yield that probably no HYPer would have noticed the change and I remember I just updated my copy in the 11.31 release.

I just added that comment for completeness of my spreadsheet-buster exercise.

The rest of the completeness is I checked this on a windows 10 OS using excel 2010 (32 bit)
That's great news, thanks for letting us know midgesgalore, and I'm glad you're back up and running.

We'll look into the Digital Data Sheet issue regarding 'Henry Boot', so thanks also for highlighting that minor issue as well. As you say, hopefully it won't be affecting too many HYP owners.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

Whatsup wrote:
Interestingly having tried to update forecasts yields it does it but at he end of the procedure gives the following message

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: Error during invoking function HypFcstYldPy in module vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py (<class 'UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'data' referenced before assignment
File "/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/Resources/pythonscript.py", line 875, in invoke
ret = self.func( *args )
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py", line 1148, in HypFcstYldPy
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py", line 1292, in HypFcstYldPy_1
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py", line 522, in writeTrackData
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py", line 660, in createPriceDict)
Hi Colin,

I suspect this is the same 'local variable 'data' referenced before assignment' error that a couple of LibreOffice users are struggling with at the moment.

We've had some success in the Windows version, where this was being seen, by updating to the latest version of the Portable application (5.4.2), but we don't seem to have found a similar solution for Mac users at this point unfortunately.

I hope you're able to bear with us whilst this is an ongoing issue for a small number of LibreOffice users.

As an aside, I've only noticed Mac users reporting this issue with LibreOffice, so can I please ask someone who's using a Mac and experiencing the above 'local variable 'data' referenced before assignment' error if they would be willing to try the Beta in OpenOffice and see if that makes any difference?

https://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21502 ... office-org (Portable version)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

sanityclaws

Post by sanityclaws »

Re Itsallaguess' aside

I was able to run the beta in OpenOffice (vs 4.1.2) on a Mac (running macOS Sierra vs 10.12.6).

It worked beautifully.

Many thanks to Itsallaguess, Kiloran & their many helpers

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

sanityclaws wrote:
Re Itsallaguess' aside

I was able to run the beta in OpenOffice (vs 4.1.2) on a Mac (running macOS Sierra vs 10.12.6).

It worked beautifully.
That's great news sanityclaws, thanks for letting us know.

Can I ask if any other Mac users that are struggling to get the Beta working in LibreOffice are in a position to try the OpenOffice version detailed above and feed-back their findings too please?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Jeff26

Post by Jeff26 »

Hi,
I have been using the Excel beta version and everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for the quick response to sorting it out.
Regards
Jeff

Wizard
Lemon Half

Post by Wizard »

Just downloaded the Excel version. Maybe it is me / user error, but when I update the share prices they are not pulling the closing prices for today. Are others finding it OK?

Terry.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

Wizard wrote:Just downloaded the Excel version. Maybe it is me / user error, but when I update the share prices they are not pulling the closing prices for today. Are others finding it OK?
For my 29 shares the OpenOffice version b-f-dev2 gets the same closing prices as I see in my DigitalLook portfolio of the same shares.

Where are you looking for the 'true' closing price for today? Not all sources agree on what to use. DigitalLook shows the price obtained in the 'uncrossing trade', that's the SETS auction held at 4:35pm, generally regarded as the 'official' closing price.

Wizard
Lemon Half

Post by Wizard »

Breelander wrote:
Wizard wrote:Just downloaded the Excel version. Maybe it is me / user error, but when I update the share prices they are not pulling the closing prices for today. Are others finding it OK?
For my 29 shares the OpenOffice version b-f-dev2 gets the same closing prices as I see in my DigitalLook portfolio of the same shares.

Where are you looking for the 'true' closing price for today? Not all sources agree on what to use. DigitalLook shows the price obtained in the 'uncrossing trade', that's the SETS auction held at 4:35pm, generally regarded as the 'official' closing price.
Thanks for that agree, yes looks like it was HL that had the wrong price not HYPtuss.

Terry.

Dochas

Post by Dochas »

I have updated Libre office to 5.4.2.2 with Sierra 10.12.6 but version b-f-dev2.ods does not work for me. I get an error invoking

HypUpdPriPy_1 in module and.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py(<class 'UnboundLocalError'> local variable data referenced before assignment
File /applications/Contnents/resources/pyhonscript.py line 875 in involve ret=self.func(*arg)
File and.sun.star.tdoc:/1Scripts/pyhon.......py" line 1098 in HyptopupPriPy_1
File and.sun.star.tdoc/1/Scripts/python......py, line 660 in createPriceDict)
S7

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

Wizard wrote: looks like it was HL that had the wrong price not HYPtuss.
Possibly not 'wrong', just 'different'. Often a difference is down to the source quoting the last trade price rather than the uncrossing trade. Most of the time they are one and the same thing, but occasionally an after hours trade happens after the uncrossing trade. A look at the reported trades can tell if this is the case.

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Post by JMN2 »

I have the latest Still version of LibreOffice, 5.3.6 but obviously the amended simple yahoo price scrape file (sheet 2) does not work. I don't understand this Portable malarkey, what's that all about in cliff notes? I assume I need to get that to make things run again?

I didn't even find the place or file to download it from, new to me file-extensions like paf...would I download the portable 5.3.6 Multilingual Standard? Thanks

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

Dochas wrote:
I have updated Libre office to 5.4.2.2 with Sierra 10.12.6 but version b-f-dev2.ods does not work for me. I get an error invoking

HypUpdPriPy_1 in module and.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py(<class 'UnboundLocalError'> local variable data referenced before assignment
File /applications/Contnents/resources/pyhonscript.py line 875 in involve ret=self.func(*arg)
File and.sun.star.tdoc:/1Scripts/pyhon.......py" line 1098 in HyptopupPriPy_1
File and.sun.star.tdoc/1/Scripts/python......py, line 660 in createPriceDict)
S7
Hi Dochas,

This is a common issue that's being seen with some Mac users in the LibreOffice tool.

Can I please ask if you're able to see if OpenOffice runs the Beta without the same issue?

Any feedback regarding the above would be fantastic if you're able to give it a go.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

JMN2 wrote:I have the latest Still version of LibreOffice, 5.3.6 but obviously the amended simple yahoo price scrape file (sheet 2) does not work. I don't understand this Portable malarkey, what's that all about in cliff notes? I assume I need to get that to make things run again?

I didn't even find the place or file to download it from, new to me file-extensions like paf...would I download the portable 5.3.6 Multilingual Standard
Hi JMN2,

Are you in a position to install OpenOffice and see if that can run the Mac Beta version without seeing the same problem?

Any feedback regarding the above would be great.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Post by JMN2 »

Itsallaguess wrote:
JMN2 wrote:I have the latest Still version of LibreOffice, 5.3.6 but obviously the amended simple yahoo price scrape file (sheet 2) does not work. I don't understand this Portable malarkey, what's that all about in cliff notes? I assume I need to get that to make things run again?

I didn't even find the place or file to download it from, new to me file-extensions like paf...would I download the portable 5.3.6 Multilingual Standard
Hi JMN2,

Are you in a position to install OpenOffice and see if that can run the Mac Beta version without seeing the same problem?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess
I don't really understand...I have a windows 10, not mac...

If I run the macro with my 5.3.6 in sheet2 I get

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: Error during invoking function UpdateYahooPricePy_1 in module vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/SimpleYahooPriceScrape.py (<class 'UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'data' referenced before assignment
File "C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 5\program\pythonscript.py", line 875, in invoke
ret = self.func( *args )
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/SimpleYahooPriceScrape.py", line 279, in UpdateYahooPricePy_1
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/SimpleYahooPriceScrape.py", line 165, in createPriceDict
)

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

JMN2 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

I don't really understand...I have a windows 10, not mac...

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: Error during invoking function UpdateYahooPricePy_1 in module vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/SimpleYahooPriceScrape.py (<class 'UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'data' referenced before assignment
File "C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 5\program\pythonscript.py", line 875, in invoke
ret = self.func( *args )
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/SimpleYahooPriceScrape.py", line 279, in UpdateYahooPricePy_1
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/SimpleYahooPriceScrape.py", line 165, in createPriceDict
)
Apologies JMN2, here's the download link for OpenOffice for Windows -

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Your feedback would be appreciated if you're able to try it in that tool.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Post by JMN2 »

Itsallaguess wrote:
JMN2 wrote: I don't really understand...I have a windows 10, not mac...

ret = self.func( *args )
)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess
Thanks, so this will be separate from my current existing LibreOffice?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

JMN2 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

Thanks, so this will be separate from my current existing LibreOffice?
That's correct, and you should be able to un-install it if required, also completely separate from your other applications.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Post by JMN2 »

Itsallaguess wrote:
JMN2 wrote: Thanks, so this will be separate from my current existing LibreOffice?
That's correct, and you should be able to un-install it if required, also completely separate from your other applications.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess
I get a similar error message but slightly longer, apache won't let me copy paste it.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

JMN2 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
I get a similar error message [in OpenOffice Windows] but slightly longer, apache won't let me copy paste it.
OK, thanks for that.

I think we'll need to re-visit the code on the LibreOffice/OpenOffice version and see why this might be happening for some people.

Thanks for the feedback, it's most appreciated.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

JMN2 wrote:I don't understand this Portable malarkey, what's that all about...?
Portable Apps are repackaged versions of popular software that can be run without installing them. The have a Portable Apps environment wrapped around them so that they don't rely on registry setting being put in place by an installer. You can even put them on a USB and run them on any PC that's available.

Both Open Office and Libre Office are available in Portable App form.

https://portableapps.com/apps/office/op ... e_portable
https://portableapps.com/apps/office/li ... e_portable

More about how Portable Apps work here: https://portableapps.com/about

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”