Digital Look changes

Discussions regarding financial software
spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Digital Look changes

Post by spiderbill »

Just went to Digital Look via the HYPTUS and found I was on a completely different website. Going to the homepge I found a notice that they are transitioning to a new site. https://uk.webfg.com
Let's hope that doesn't screw up the connections to HYPTUS data, but I suspect it's bound to.

cheers
Spiderbill

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Digital Look changes

Post by monabri »

I think it does affect HYPTUSS - I've just updated and it wasn't working

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Post by kiloran »

You beat me to it, I just spotted this a few minutes ago.

Not a great start, I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, and the display of the website in each case was close to unusable. Not an auspicious start.

I'll try again this evening

--kiloran

robbelg
Lemon Slice

Post by robbelg »

It seems to be working now, just had a quick look around - not impressed.

If you're tying to find company info I really love that its sorted by ticker not name :)

Rob

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Post by supremetwo »

robbelg wrote:It seems to be working now, just had a quick look around - not impressed.
If you're tying to find company info I really love that its sorted by ticker not name :) Rob
Does not display properly in Chrome.

Edge OK.

Seems you have to create a completely new profile as it does not recognise the DL username and password.

And the new profile will be bereft of any data from the old DL.

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

Not working for me w.r.t. updating the forecasts and divis - all I get is "????" and " #VALUE!"

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

kiloran wrote:

Not a great start, I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, and the display of the website in each case was close to unusable. Not an auspicious start.

I've just sent you an email with a working Excel v11.5 BETA attached, if it saves you any time with the Open Office version?

Data-wise, I think it's just a tweak of some HTML tags, so hopefully nothing too serious. Can't say I'm a fan of the new browser-page layouts though....

I think they are still migrating the data over, with some pages not complete yet, so testing is a bit haphazard currently.

I'm meant to be having a day off today! :O)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Post by kiloran »

Itsallaguess wrote:
kiloran wrote:

I've just sent you an email with a working Excel v11.5 BETA attached, if it saves you any time with the Open Office version?

Data-wise, I think it's just a tweak of some HTML tags, so hopefully nothing too serious. Can't say I'm a fan of the new browser-page layouts though....

I think they are still migrating the data over, with some pages not complete yet, so testing is a bit haphazard currently.

I'm meant to be having a day off today! :O)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess
The Excel version seems to be working fine, and I'll start work on the LibreOffice version tonight, so we should be able to publish updated versions of the HYPTUSS within a day or so.

The new Digital Look website is now working for me after the problems a few hours ago. I think they have added a new feature.... the ability to download prices in HTML or CSV format over a specified date range, going back as far 01Jan09

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

spiderbill wrote:Just went to Digital Look via the HYPTUS and found I was on a completely different website. Going to the homepge I found a notice that they are transitioning to a new site. https://uk.webfg.com
Webfg.com is the intended replacement for Sharecast.com, the news and commentary site that's always been part of the 'digitallook' group of sites. For a few years now Sharecast, while showing UK news headlines when visited from the UK has only shown the US market figures on it's front page (it used to show the UK ones). The intended move to webfg was first announced over a year ago.

There doesn't seem to be any intention of overhauling the 'Quotes' parts of DL, just the newsfeed, so (fingers crossed) it shouldn't affect hyptuss.

Arborbridge
Lemon Half

Post by Arborbridge »

kiloran wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

My HYPTUSS in excel does not work as of a few minutes ago - that is won't download DL yields etc.

My sympathy to you guys, without whom we would be lost. :D

Arb.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”