Google Finance charts

Discussions regarding financial software
Biggles
2 Lemon pips

Google Finance charts

Post by Biggles »

What's happened to Google Finance charts this week?

One of my homepage tabs was a FTSE chart. It was full size, it was live, it updated every 2 minutes, it had various settings that could be changed and it was accompanied by massive amounts of additional information.

This week it had turned into less than a quarter screen size, it was delayed, there were no adjustments that could be made and there is no additional info.

Is there anything better than this (that is free)?

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: Google Finance charts

Post by Raptor »

Moderator Message:
Not really for the Brokers board. Financial Software is a better fit. Raptor.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

Biggles wrote:
What's happened to Google Finance charts this week?

One of my homepage tabs was a FTSE chart. It was full size, it was live, it updated every 2 minutes, it had various settings that could be changed and it was accompanied by massive amounts of additional information.

This week it had turned into less than a quarter screen size, it was delayed, there were no adjustments that could be made and there is no additional info.

Is there anything better than this (that is free)?
It's difficult to help here, as we don't really know what you're looking at on your homepage.

Any chance of a link to the Google chart you normally use?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Post by kiloran »

Google Finance had a big makeover earlier this week....

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/google- ... tocks.html

Here's a chart for SSE, for example:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=145 ... GAIW7g_5:0

--kiloran

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Post by nmdhqbc »

I'm equally frustrated by his but not at all surprised. They're making their websites work on mobiles and hence dumbing them down. I also hate the lack of compactness of the "Your Stocks" section, at least they warned us the portfolio tracking was going. Difficult to glance at the list and absorb it. Have to read through each stock separately. My solutions so far...

Been using This is Money "Power Portfolio". Doens't seem as live or quite as easy to look at as previous google finance but closest I've found so far. For charts I'm at a loss. Really annoying.

Biggles
2 Lemon pips

Post by Biggles »

Yahoo does have better charts than Google now (https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5EFTSE?ltr=1) but are still delayed.

Still, most of the live ones are chargeable.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”