Alerts on Investment Funds

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
Geppo

Alerts on Investment Funds

Post by Geppo »

Hi, I'm looking for a website/app where I can set Alerts on Investment Funds, Index based ones in particular.
My broker (HL) only allows alerts on a very limited set of investments (pretty much only UK shares).
I've looked at Yahoo Finance and others but I can't find one that allows you to set an alert on investment funds value/price.
Any ideas?
Many thanks!

b0f77

Re: Alerts on Investment Funds

Post by b0f77 »

Some paid service like SharePad or ADVFN might do that (I think ADVFN is free actually, not really sure)

You might be able to do it with Google Sheets if you have a Google account with access to that. I track some investments like ETFs and funds getting prices either from Google Finance or scraping price data from FT fund pages. I use Google Sheets script automation to create historical records of some portfolio values in a worksheet (it runs daily / weekly etc as required). It wouldn’t take much to check some fund values and send an email alert I think. It can be a bit technical to set up and sometimes the price data retrieval goes wrong, so not great if missing an alert might incur some financial loss.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”