investEgate going loopy

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: investEgate going loopy

Post by mc2fool »

Their useless Contact Us form is limited to just 200 characters, which isn't enough to say much of anything substantial!

With the old Investegate you could invoke an EPIC/TIDM search by going to:

https://www.investegate.co.uk/Index.aspx?search ... s=<[i]EPIC[/i]>

and it'd bring up a page listing all the RNS announcements for the company with that EPIC. Very useful for links in spreadsheets, macros, etc.

I've (just about) managed to cram a reinstatement request into their 200 character contact form.... we'll see!

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

Being registered for email alerts, I received a further update today. It goes a long way to explaining the issues.
Invetegate Alert Service wrote:Dear Breelander,

I am genuinely apologetic for the experience you have had with the new version of Investegate this week.

Please be assured that we will soon have the elements that users expect to see up and running soon.

I am now able to share with you that the reason for the current change is that Investegate was scheduled to be decommissioned by its owners and we managed to acquire and therefore rescue the platform before a deadline for that. We did what we could given the pressure to decommission the site.

We only had a short time to try to understand and rebuild the very old legacy infrastructure and get a version of Investegate up and running before it was turned off for ever..!

Now we fully own Investegate and understand your needs better, we can rebuild Investegate with the new branding and the functionality you are more used to.

We can and will bring back the elements you would like reinstated whilst making some positive improvements along the way also.

It has been a hard and immense task for our team to do what we have done in a short space of time and we are all working as hard and fast as we can on updates happening over the coming days to bring back most of the features you know and love. The data feeds are working well now and the site is fast and stable and more improvements are on the way.

Thank you and please accept my personal apologies for the last few days experience. I was extremely frustrated at not being able to explain the reasoning for the change until now.

Things will only get better from now on, so please bear with us over the next few days.

Kind regards,

Paul Roberts

CEO

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Post by Itsallaguess »

Cross-post to the Financial Software board showing a user-modifiable process for generating portfolio-level RNS News links into the LSE site RNS functionality -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=39042

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Post by yorkshirelad1 »

Another update e-mail today (5 May)
Investegate wrote:Most of the functionality is fully restored and the Investegate site is faster than it has ever been. We are working as quickly as we can to finish recreating the service that you are used to. We have had many fabulous suggestions so thank you for those.

Updated so far:
  • Moved to modern and fast technology infrastructure
  • The traditional early morning lag has been fixed
  • EPIC is back in the search
  • Date ordering fixed New to Old
  • Director Dealings by company added
  • EQS and BNW displaying
  • and much more…..
Coming back to you very soon...
  • The full Investegate RNS Archive service
  • The old Archive Calendar Page
  • Updating the Search with ISIN and Search Speeds
  • Removal of certain instruments from today announcements (NAV, EMM/EPT, Rule 8 and FRN Variable Rate Fix announcements) these will still be available in the advanced search
  • GNW and PRN news sources
Thank you for you patience. We are almost there…!

Kind regards,
Paul Roberts
CEO

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

Regarding Investegate, I noticed the banner on the website which reads;

"Investegate was scheduled to be decommissioned by its previous owners and fortunately we were able to acquire it.
We will soon have the elements that you are used to using up and running again on this new version of Investegate. Please bear with us"

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

Popped in this morning.

Looks like some improvements have started

They even had a list view back......

I will look again next week with a bit more hope

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”