Interactive Investor again!

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Interactive Investor again!

Post by Bouleversee »

I can understand that it takes a day or so to clear a cheque but if cash has been transferred from your bank to theirs surely that is cleared funds and should be available for transfer out via the details used on previous occasions. If it has worked before, they need to explain why it doesn't work now. It is essential, of course, that the sender enters the recipient name precisely as shown on the account and the correct specification, i.e. business or personal, is used, or the sending bank won't authorise it. If whoever at ii is doing the transfer request has made a mistake, they will have an opportunity to correct it on the spot, as I am sure you will know. As you have logged in to ii securely or they have checked your identity out when you phoned, it is ridiculous that that they are treating you as a newcomer in this context. All they need to know is the correct details of your name on your bank account and alter their records if necessary. Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

AJC5001 wrote:
monabri wrote: My wife's interactive account is still linked to her bank account (her bank is the same one as mine so it's not a bank issue).
Have you tried withdrawing to her linked account successfully?

Adrian
Yes, with no problem other than attempt #1 to transfer cash resulted in the "sorry we are unable to process this request" message ( see my post above). A second attempt and the cash transfer was accepted.

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

And yet more problems!

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

Try to call them this morning, their phones are bust....

Gahhhhh!!!

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

88V8 wrote:Try to call them this morning, their phones are bust....

Gahhhhh!!!
they are asking me to send screenshots in a reply they have sent to me
you can only send attachments in a new message
I feel like I am dealing with 5-year olds

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

Well, abrdn seem pretty good at screwing things up...why stop at asset management?

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

I see it closed from 7am this Saturday, I hesitate to use the word maintenance
any bets on what they will break this time :roll:

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

Did anyone read Alistair Osborne's Business Commentary in The Times today? There is an article headed Bird's eye view all about Abrdn. He obviously hasn't been reading this thread. Perhaps we should enlighten him.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

mc2fool wrote:
mc2fool wrote: Small update, FWIW. I got a "it has been flagged up to the Development Team to look into" reply from them on the 8th of Feb but nothing since, and today I sent them a follow on secure message saying:
An almost immediate reply, "We appreciate your feedback regarding the issues with TN25. We received a large amount of feedback following the update of the website and we are currently still working on implementing fixes for the issues raised. I have passed on the specifics of the issues you are encountering. Thank you for your patience."

:roll:
Well this bug, at least, got fixed sometime during the week. Everything related to TN25, and to my holding thereof, is now fixed and behaving as it should.

One down .....

Gilgongo
Lemon Slice

Post by Gilgongo »

Just on the subject of making the new ii layout easier to use, I have had some success using a Chrome extension called "Sticky Header Hider" if you add ii.co.uk as a hostname and then set the following options to on:

* Kill sticky elements immediately after detection
* Restore sticky elements when scrolling to the top
* Also kill absolutely positioned elements

This will at least mean you can scroll the holdings list page normally and not have it in a tiny window. It doesn't fix the annoying sticky navigation header at the top of the page though, the hiding of which seems to break other pages.

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Post by Boots »

I have today tried to withdraw some money from my Trading Account, only to be left in some internet hinterland of a blank screen with the URL bar containing "https://secure.ii.co.uk/webbroker2/ssoh ... ache=false".

I have tried several times, but with no joy.

To get out of it, I found Back and Refresh worked.

Anyone else had this? I couldn't see it over that past couple of pages of this thread.

I am increasingly tempted to give up and close the account. HL may charge a bit more, but they can at least manage to run a business.

Edited to remove potentially personal data

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

i get that type of URL
"https://secure.ii.co.uk/webbroker2/ssoh ... ache=false".
CACHE=FALSE

so I emailed them about it
their response was pathetic

"This is a known issue when moving between our newer pages and the "old style" pages. They are being looked into by our development team to be fixed. For the time being, refreshing the page should fix the issue for that visit as well as logging out and in again."

WHY oh WHY don't they upgrade the whole site :roll:

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Post by Boots »

pje16 wrote: "This is a known issue when moving between our newer pages and the "old style" pages. They are being looked into by our development team to be fixed. For the time being, refreshing the page should fix the issue for that visit as well as logging out and in again."

WHY oh WHY don't they upgrade the whole site :roll:
Thanks for your info. But no, I tried that first off, and just tried it again now - no good.

They are setting records for rubbish website development.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Boots wrote:Thanks for your info. But no, I tried that first off, and just tried it again now - no good.
Try clearing your browser cache
link for those who see that as a foreign language
https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/how-to ... ser-cache/

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Post by Boots »

pje16 wrote:
Boots wrote:Thanks for your info. But no, I tried that first off, and just tried it again now - no good.
Try clearing your browser cache
Yeah! It didn't work straight off, but with a reboot, that worked.

I shall now try to get my money - I suspect they may have more tricks up their sleeves.

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Post by Boots »

pje16 wrote: Try clearing your browser cache
Thanks for your help. Withdrawal request is queued up.

II tech support are still pondering my secure message, so much kudos to you for the speedy resolution!

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

Boots wrote:I am increasingly tempted to give up and close the account. HL may charge a bit more, but they can at least manage to run a business.
Ah but do you trust them to move your positions and cash faithfully and efficiently? Their staff must be overwhelmed right now.
pje16 wrote:Try clearing your browser cache
I always delete all history, cache and cookies before accessing ii anyway. Cannot recall now how I learned that was prudent but probably learned the hard way.

We keep complaining about ii but isn't it really abrdn who are messing up everything here? The ii system was fine until abrdn took it over. My sense is that abrdn wanted to make their mark on their shiny new acquisition but, in their haste and zeal, they rushed the development and testing.

They may have ruined it within a year of owning it.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Lootman wrote:The ii system was fine until abrdn took it over.
couldn't agree more
they have made a total hash (being polite) of it

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Post by Boots »

Lootman wrote:
Boots wrote:I am increasingly tempted to give up and close the account. HL may charge a bit more, but they can at least manage to run a business.
Ah but do you trust them to move your positions and cash faithfully and efficiently? Their staff must be overwhelmed right now.
I'm not 100% sure whose staff you are referring to? HL's or II's?

I initially thought you meant HL were busy taking on new business, but now I think you must mean II are snowed under fire-fighting.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

Boots wrote:
Lootman wrote: Ah but do you trust them to move your positions and cash faithfully and efficiently? Their staff must be overwhelmed right now.
I'm not 100% sure whose staff you are referring to? HL's or II's?

I initially thought you meant HL were busy taking on new business, but now I think you must mean II are snowed under fire-fighting.
Yes, the latter, but just speculation really.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”