Interactive Investor again!

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
EthicsGradient
Lemon Slice

Re: Interactive Investor again!

Post by EthicsGradient »

Here's another annoying thing about the app: if you hold some of the same stock or fund in both a standard trading account and an ISA, if you're browsing the portfolio list for the trading account, and you tap on the entry for the stock/fund, it shows you the details of the stock/fund in the account that you bought it first in. There is a tab option to switch to the account you thought you were looking at, but it's easy to miss that. And similarly if you're browsing in the ISA portfolio, it'll show details for the trading account amount, if that's the one you bought first (well, I reckon it's a question of which you bought first - I can't see another pattern).

I just spent some minutes trying to work out why the app was telling me I held a different amount of stock than my records showed.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Bouleversee wrote:
pje16 wrote:Is this one of last weekend's maintenance improvements
this is a screenshot of my document history
the top item is actually a buy :roll:

How is it showing in your portfolio?
today it is showing correctly, how odd :roll:

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

Perhaps they are reading this thread, pje, and putting things right as problems arise.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Post by 1nvest »

Infrequently trade and logged in the other day (with CGT reductions in mind) to do a series of selling (different stocks). Don't like it. Worked great for years as-was, seems they don't follow the if it ain't broke don't fix it mantra, or seemingly don't actually trade using ii themselves.

It's a tool, and many prefer their tools to remain the same - dependable, familiar.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Bouleversee wrote:Perhaps they are reading this thread, pje, and putting things right as problems arise.
I doubt it as this is page 16

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

There was a corp action on one of my stocks, discounted purchase opportunity... it seems to have had a very small time window and when I happened to log in today it had already closed. Nice if ii had told me...
Perhaps they're too busy dealing with their farked up website.

V8

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

88V8 wrote:There was a corp action on one of my stocks, discounted purchase opportunity... it seems to have had a very small time window and when I happened to log in today it had already closed. Nice if ii had told me...
Perhaps they're too busy dealing with their farked up website.

V8
The irony is that ii bombards me with marketing emails. But then doesn't notify me by email of something as important as a voluntary corporate action.

Although to be fair that was a problem with ii rather than abrdn. TDW never did that.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

pje16 wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:Perhaps they are reading this thread, pje, and putting things right as problems arise.
I doubt it as this is page 16
I did have my tongue in my cheek. Trying to keep cheerful against all the odds. Haven't yet tried to do anything myself as it's all doubke Dutch to me.--

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Bouleversee wrote:
pje16 wrote: I doubt it as this is page 16
I did have my tongue in my cheek. Trying to keep cheerful against all the odds. Haven't yet tried to do anything myself as it's all doubke Dutch to me.--
Sorry I forgot to pit a smiley after my comment. :D

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

mc2fool wrote:Anyone else got any Gilt holding glitches? I have two gilt holdings in my trading account and the site seems to have some problems with one, TN25 (UK(GOVT OF) 0.25% BDS 31/01/25), although not with the other (TN24). Here's the list of issues I've just sent by secure message to ii:
a) If I click on it in my list of investments nothing happens (it doesn't bring up a Detail page)
b) If I click on the three dots by the Symbol/Name for it the popup menu is missing Detail, Info, BUY and SELL
c) The coupon I recently (31-Jan) received for the holding is shown in the Transaction History with a Symbol/Name of "BLPK711 Unknown Sedol BLPK711"
d) If I enter TN25 into Find & Invest it gives No search results found
Small update, FWIW. I got a "it has been flagged up to the Development Team to look into" reply from them on the 8th of Feb but nothing since, and today I sent them a follow on secure message saying:
Hi. Things have changed but not improved.

a) Whereas previously "TN25" was shown in my list of investments now it shows "LSE:null".
b) Clicking on that or selecting Detail, Buy or Sell from the three dots brings up a page with just the headers and footers and nothing in-between (i.e. blank)
c) Both the coupon received and the initial buy in the Transaction History are now also shown as "LSE:null".
d) Entering TN25 into Find & Invest still gives No search results found

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

mc2fool wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Anyone else got any Gilt holding glitches? I have two gilt holdings in my trading account and the site seems to have some problems with one, TN25 (UK(GOVT OF) 0.25% BDS 31/01/25), although not with the other (TN24). Here's the list of issues I've just sent by secure message to ii:
Small update, FWIW. I got a "it has been flagged up to the Development Team to look into" reply from them on the 8th of Feb but nothing since, and today I sent them a follow on secure message saying:
Hi. Things have changed but not improved.

a) Whereas previously "TN25" was shown in my list of investments now it shows "LSE:null".
b) Clicking on that or selecting Detail, Buy or Sell from the three dots brings up a page with just the headers and footers and nothing in-between (i.e. blank)
c) Both the coupon received and the initial buy in the Transaction History are now also shown as "LSE:null".
d) Entering TN25 into Find & Invest still gives No search results found
An almost immediate reply, "We appreciate your feedback regarding the issues with TN25. We received a large amount of feedback following the update of the website and we are currently still working on implementing fixes for the issues raised. I have passed on the specifics of the issues you are encountering. Thank you for your patience."

:roll:

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

Secure msg received yesterday (logged in to ii)

"Dear investor,
From today you can also log into the ii site with the email address we have on record for your account.
Please check that your contact details are up to date.
What happens next?
Over the next few months we will be transitioning to remove the current username and only have email as the log in details.
We’ll provide an update when these changes are due to be launched."

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

monabri wrote:Secure msg received yesterday (logged in to ii)

"Dear investor,
From today you can also log into the ii site with the email address we have on record for your account.
What happens next?
Over the next few months we will be transitioning to remove the current username and only have email as the log in details.
hardly an important issue
just fix the other issues with site
by the way it doesn't work -I have just sent them a sarcastic message

edit it does work
you need to change it at the first screen not the second one

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

So, TUI carried out a 10:1 share consolidation.
I am somewhat down on TUI, not one of my better ideas.
But this morning I see that I am up 400%, so I decide to sell.
Alas, no online trading.... another cock-up, it would seem.

V8

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

pje16 wrote:
monabri wrote:Secure msg received yesterday (logged in to ii)

"Dear investor,
What happens next?
hardly an important issue
just fix the other issues with site
by the way it doesn't work -I have just sent them a sarcastic message

edit it does work
you need to change it at the first screen not the second one
Not as secure as the present username, I much prefer a username that is not my name or my email as it has then has no connection to me for people trying to break into my account and I may have to change my email at some point.

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

daveh wrote:
pje16 wrote: Not as secure as the present username, I much prefer a username that is not my name or my email as it has then has no connection to me for people trying to break into my account and I may have to change my email at some point.
Yes, another moronic development.
Seven digits known only to me, replaced with twenty characters known to hundreds.
I wonder if I could change my email to Interactiveinvestorsucks.

V8

James
2 Lemon pips

Post by James »

88V8 wrote:
daveh wrote:
Yes, another moronic development.
Seven digits known only to me, replaced with twenty characters known to hundreds.
I wonder if I could change my email to Interactiveinvestorsucks.

V8
I have my own domain with unlimited email addresses, so will be giving it a try.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

Another unbelievable development! I only have one email address and everyone knows it. How can this possibly be allowed? I am constantly pressed by banks to install an app on my phone to enable me to do my banking. As it happens, I still don't have a smartphone but with what I consider is reduced security as phones can so easily be lost or stolen and then could get me email and get on to my banks and investment platforms this is really bonkers; quite a step from the 2FA or whatever it's called As it is, I have enough problems fending off attempts at phishing and hacking. I presume other have complained. What reaction did you get?

I'm seriously thinking of closing my ii account but don't know where to transfer to.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

PS to previous:

And if you think you'll be OK if your bank uses voice recognition, I suggest you listen to yesterday's episode of
The Bottom Line where you will hear Evan Davies's voice cloned to perfection. AI has imo great dangers as well as great benefits.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

Bouleversee wrote:Another unbelievable development! I only have one email address and everyone knows it. How can this possibly be allowed? I am constantly pressed by banks to install an app on my phone to enable me to do my banking. As it happens, I still don't have a smartphone but with what I consider is reduced security as phones can so easily be lost or stolen and then could get me email and get on to my banks and investment platforms this is really bonkers; quite a step from the 2FA or whatever it's called As it is, I have enough problems fending off attempts at phishing and hacking. I presume other have complained. What reaction did you get?

I'm seriously thinking of closing my ii account but don't know where to transfer to.
Another investment account I have has my email as the signin name. It has not been a problem, so far anyway. But I see the concern, and abrdn seem to be changing things for the sake of it. Customers cannot be asking for things like this.

I set up a gmail account that I only use for financial relationships. So my everyday email that I use elsewhere and everywhere won't help anyone trying to get into my ii account.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”