Interactive Investor again!

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: Interactive Investor again!

Post by tjh290633 »

88V8 wrote:
tjh290633 wrote: Funny. I get an email the same or next day, telling me that my trade has been executed and that the contract note is available to view. Often the same day.
I never get an email at all :(

V8
This is what I get:
Your latest contract note is now available. You can view or download it when you log in to your account.

Click the person icon to view the Account menu
Click ‘Document history’

If you need to get in touch, the easiest way to contact us is by secure message.

Once you’re logged in, click the person icon to view the Account menu and select ‘Secure messages’ to ask us a question. We will come back to you as soon as we can.

Thank you for being a valued ii customer.
TJH

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Post by BullDog »

tjh290633 wrote:
88V8 wrote: I never get an email at all :(

V8
This is what I get:
Your latest contract note is now available. You can view or download it when you log in to your account.

Click the person icon to view the Account menu
Click ‘Document history’

If you need to get in touch, the easiest way to contact us is by secure message.

Once you’re logged in, click the person icon to view the Account menu and select ‘Secure messages’ to ask us a question. We will come back to you as soon as we can.

Thank you for being a valued ii customer.
TJH
Yes, I get the same thing.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Post by DrFfybes »

V8
Check they have the correct email address and you haven't switched notifications off.

Then check your email SPAM settings.

If all else fails send a secure message, and when they reply you should get an email notificatiom

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

DrFfybes wrote:

V8
Check they have the correct email address and you haven't switched notifications off.

Then check your email SPAM settings.

If all else fails send a secure message, and when they reply you should get an email notificatiom
I don't get emails about contract notes, but do get emails for corporate actions (specifically for Shell dividend from my CREST held shares) and my regular statements and I also get emails for AGM voting.

PoxyTD

Post by PoxyTD »

Well I can’t see anything that changed on the website update today. The columns on the investments page are still defaulting back to the standard column layout, no column totals or frozen column headers. Anyone notice anything?

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

PoxyTD wrote:Well I can’t see anything that changed on the website update today. The columns on the investments page are still defaulting back to the standard column layout, no column totals or frozen column headers. Anyone notice anything?
too true
Do not bother pinning anything to the top row it just vanishes when you leave the page and come back to it

Meg201

Post by Meg201 »

When I log in the options I have saved are still as I saved them

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

Anyone else got any Gilt holding glitches? I have two gilt holdings in my trading account and the site seems to have some problems with one, TN25 (UK(GOVT OF) 0.25% BDS 31/01/25), although not with the other (TN24). Here's the list of issues I've just sent by secure message to ii:
a) If I click on it in my list of investments nothing happens (it doesn't bring up a Detail page)
b) If I click on the three dots by the Symbol/Name for it the popup menu is missing Detail, Info, BUY and SELL
c) The coupon I recently (31-Jan) received for the holding is shown in the Transaction History with a Symbol/Name of "BLPK711 Unknown Sedol BLPK711"
d) If I enter TN25 into Find & Invest it gives No search results found

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Is this one of last weekend's maintenance improvements
this is a screenshot of my document history
the top item is actually a buy :roll:

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

pje16 wrote:Is this one of last weekend's maintenance improvements
this is a screenshot of my document history
the top item is actually a buy :roll:

How is it showing in your portfolio?

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Bouleversee wrote: How is it showing in your portfolio?
It was treated correctly in transactions and added to my holdings
it's just a cowboy mistake by II :roll:

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

I tried using my phone to see what dividends have been paid. Normally I would go to the transaction history but I could not find it, until now.

Strangely its under the Profile heading not the Portfolio heading that I expected.

Slowly working my way around this. I can also get it past the android tablet log on circle issue by putting iii in desktop mode.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Post by BullDog »

Gerry557 wrote:I tried using my phone to see what dividends have been paid. Normally I would go to the transaction history but I could not find it, until now.

Strangely its under the Profile heading not the Portfolio heading that I expected.

Slowly working my way around this. I can also get it past the android tablet log on circle issue by putting iii in desktop mode.
Transaction history has been added fairly recently to the app. It's one of the features I use most. Until recently it was missing from the app. I now use the app more than I use the website.

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

BullDog wrote: Transaction history has been added fairly recently to the app. It's one of the features I use most. Until recently it was missing from the app.
Aren't II hopeless at design, imagine leaving that out, oh they did
I wonder if that is by design or just incompetence! ;)

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Post by BullDog »

pje16 wrote:
BullDog wrote: Transaction history has been added fairly recently to the app. It's one of the features I use most. Until recently it was missing from the app.
Aren't II hopeless at design, imagine leaving that out, oh they did
I wonder if that is by design or just incompetence! ;)
The II app was positively neanderthal until they started improving it a while back. It's gradually gained more features and is now at the stage where I use the app probably 80% or more of the time to access my II account. If you haven't tried it, it might be worth giving it a go. Not something I would have recommended until fairly recently.

PeterGray
Lemon Slice

Post by PeterGray »

Gerry557 wrote:I tried using my phone to see what dividends have been paid. Normally I would go to the transaction history but I could not find it, until now.

There is an easier way at getting a transaction history on the app, even if it's not obvious! In the main portfolio screen select "Orders", from the 3 buttons at the top. It will probably say "You have no recent orders..", however, under that is a large blue button - "transactions" which gives you the history

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

pje16 wrote:
BullDog wrote:Transaction history has been added fairly recently to the app. It's one of the features I use most. Until recently it was missing from the app.
Aren't II hopeless at design, imagine leaving that out, oh they did. I wonder if that is by design or just incompetence! ;)
No, transaction history has always been available on TDW and ii.

The problem was a lack of ability to search it by things like symbol, transaction type etc. And you could only search one year at a time, so if you did not know when a transaction happened, then you had to search every year going back until you found it.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Post by BullDog »

Lootman wrote:
pje16 wrote: Aren't II hopeless at design, imagine leaving that out, oh they did. I wonder if that is by design or just incompetence! ;)
No, transaction history has always been available on TDW and ii.

The problem was a lack of ability to search it by things like symbol, transaction type etc. And you could only search one year at a time, so if you did not know when a transaction happened, then you had to search every year going back until you found it.
Not in the app it wasn't. It's a rather recent and welcome addition.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

BullDog wrote:
Lootman wrote: No, transaction history has always been available on TDW and ii.

Not in the app it wasn't. It's a rather recent and welcome addition.
There has always been the ability to look at all transactions within a date range. I know that because I do it every tax year to look for taxable cashflows that I might have missed, such as arising from corporate actions. Or to check the detail for a taxable disposal.

What was missing was the ability to search like this: "Show me all purchases in BP since 01/01/2015".

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

PeterGray wrote:

There is an easier way at getting a transaction history on the app, even if it's not obvious! In the main portfolio screen select "Orders", from the 3 buttons at the top. It will probably say "You have no recent orders..", however, under that is a large blue button - "transactions" which gives you the history
Yes it's very unobvious that if you want transactions to use a button that doesn't say transactions, how silly of me. Top tip though, so thanks. Does hitting the sell button twice make it buy? :shock:

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”