investEgate going loopy

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: investEgate going loopy

Post by daveh »

Still loopy, access is better and no longer getting gateway errors, but its harder to navigate. Can't search with tickers, if I use my list to limit the RNS's to those I'm interested and then look at one of the items, when i go back I get everything, it doesn't go back to where it was. Plus there was a news item for PRU, but it was PRU on the NYSE which as I found when I got to the bottom of the news report:
Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) of the United States is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential plc, incorporated in the United Kingdom, or with Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, incorporated in the United Kingdom.
Not a problem I've seen before - so definitely still a problem with their data feeds

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

Has anyone managed to get Advanced Search my EPIC/TIDM to work?

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

mc2fool wrote:Has anyone managed to get Advanced Search my EPIC/TIDM to work?
Nope, just tried for companies that have RNS's in the last few days and nothing comes up for any of them.

PeterGray
Lemon Slice

Post by PeterGray »

In advanced search EPICs don't work, and if you search by name it just hangs up.

Reassuringly consistent in quality and use - scoring zero for all.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

Since the 'upgrade' I have ceased to receive any email alerts for any company on my Alerts list.

This has just arrived, the first (and so far the only) 'Alert' that that I have received:
Investegate Update wrote:Dear Breelander,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced in the last day or so using Investegate.

It was essential for the Investegate technology to move from its legacy platform and be upgraded, otherwise it would have ceased to operate at all this week.

We acknowledge this is not an ideal situation for you, but please bear with us as we restore the full functionality that you are used to over the coming days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Investegate Team

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

...Have received the same email from them.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

Breelander wrote:Since the 'upgrade' I have ceased to receive any email alerts for any company on my Alerts list.

This has just arrived, the first (and so far the only) 'Alert' that that I have received:
Investegate Update wrote:Dear Breelander,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced in the last day or so using Investegate.

It was essential for the Investegate technology to move from its legacy platform and be upgraded, otherwise it would have ceased to operate at all this week.

We acknowledge this is not an ideal situation for you, but please bear with us as we restore the full functionality that you are used to over the coming days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Investegate Team
I haven't received email alerts for several years, though they are supposed to be still set up, but did receive the email about the site upgrade in advance, but not one about the problems. Since I stopped receiving the emails I've just checked the website via mylist which just shows news for the companies I've set up alerts for. May be once everything is back up and running i'll get emails again (or maybe not).

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Post by Breelander »

daveh wrote:I haven't received email alerts for several years, though they are supposed to be still set up, but did receive the email about the site upgrade in advance, but not one about the problems. Since I stopped receiving the emails I've just checked the website via mylist which just shows news for the companies I've set up alerts for. May be once everything is back up and running i'll get emails again (or maybe not).
My email alerts stopped several years ago too. I found no way to get them working, I had to register again with another email address to get alerts that worked. Both the old and the new email address have now received the 'We are extremely sorry...' email. No actual alerts for either yet.....

formoverfunction
2 Lemon pips

Post by formoverfunction »

I've abandoned the site. Haven't missed them, just the rss service. After a few days I've just adapted my process, so I can't really see myself going back to them.

Everything I need I can get directly from the stock exchange. They have the portfolio, the email and scrolling news service.

I haven't quite yet edited my text file with all the rss links, but I don't expect that to return. It's so difficult to sell that data with an ever changing IP and no apparent way to deliver advertising to the command line.

So for me it's goodbye investegate. It's surprising the stockomendation, and I say this as one of their shareholders, really don't understand equity investors needs.

77ss
Lemon Quarter

Post by 77ss »

mc2fool wrote:Has anyone managed to get Advanced Search my EPIC/TIDM to work?
Yes. Seems very slow though.

A rubbish interface in my view. 5% content, 95% white space. I expect I shall be exploring other sources.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Post by yorkshirelad1 »

Many of the comments on here seem to be somewhat disgruntled about the service with investegate after the upgrade, as if investegate should be doing something. Yet how many of us pay for the service. It's a free service (and used to be a jolly good one at that) but we seem to have glazed over that fact. If we were shareholders in the owning company (with the boot on the other foot), would be we happy that such a service was probably costing the company, yet wasn't generating much in the way of income ....

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Post by SalvorHardin »

My List is now working fine for me. All of today's RNSs for the companies on my Alerts List have appeared as well as yesterday's investment trust net asset values (these didn't before the change).

The email alerts stopped several years ago. Though I did get the recent email about the change of service.

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

From a users point of view, it seems more difficult and slower to get to what I'm looking for. 77ss made a comment regarding the way they've set out the information ( 95% white space) and I'd agree, it leads to having to do a lot more scrolling.

When I tried to look at one companies announcement today the report dates were not in chronological order. Clicking on the name of the company takes one to the shareprice info. Clicking on "announcements" presented a report from 2009 at the top of the list. It eventually dawned on my that one needs to click on the text in bold that says white on black "RNS" lettering. I thought that the RNS lettering was merely an announcement.

Designed for phone users?

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Post by tjh290633 »

I cannot find Shell's Q1 announcements and searching for the company gives no result. What are they doing?

TJH

yyuryyub

Post by yyuryyub »

I tried sorting Announcements by date and the sort is done as a text string, so the results start with all announcements issued on 01 Apr and ending with those issued on 31st of a month. That doesn't inspire confidence in the quality of the developer, though it should be easy to fix.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Post by simoan »

After many years, I've decided to ditch Investegate because the supposedly "mobile friendly" new screen layout alone is rubbish. Add to that the multitude of functionality issues, and it means an hour spent adding the companies I am interested in into a watchlist on the London Stock Exchange website and enabling news alerts for them, is time well spent IMHO.

All the best, Si

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Post by SalvorHardin »

"My list" is still working fine, with up to date RNSs for every company which I've put in My Alert list. That's all I need. Thank you Investegate.

The following message has been put up on the front page:

"Investegate was scheduled to be decommissioned by its owners and we were able to acquire it before this event happened.
We will soon have the elements that you are used to using up and running again on this new version of Investegate. Please bear with us."

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

SalvorHardin wrote:"My list" is still working fine, with up to date RNSs for every company which I've put in My Alert list. That's all I need. Thank you Investegate.

The following message has been put up on the front page:

"Investegate was scheduled to be decommissioned by its owners and we were able to acquire it before this event happened.
We will soon have the elements that you are used to using up and running again on this new version of Investegate. Please bear with us."
As of mid morning the shell qtryly statement and dividend announcement hadn't appeared. I know it is free, but presumably as it serves adverts the company gets some cash from those adverts> I assume it depends on whether they make more from the adverts than it is costing for the data. Hopefully they can get the full functionality back up and running asap as it was a useful service.

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

Another email. Extract:

"I am now able to share with you that the reason for the current change is that Investegate was scheduled to be decommissioned by its owners and we managed to acquire and therefore rescue the platform before a deadline for that. We did what we could given the pressure to decommission the site.

We only had a short time to try to understand and rebuild the very old legacy infrastructure and get a version of Investegate up and running before it was turned off for ever..!

Now we fully own Investegate and understand your needs better, we can rebuild Investegate with the new branding and the functionality you are more used to.

We can and will bring back the elements you would like reinstated whilst making some positive improvements along the way also.
"

XFool
The full Lemon

Post by XFool »

In retrospect, something must have been going wrong at InvestEgate for some while.

They used to be very accessible and helpful. For quite some while although all my alerts etc kept working OK, I found the direct login link to my alert page, that they emailed along with the alerts, didn't work - so requiring an explicit log on to the site if any changes needed. A little while ago I inquired about this but never did receive any reply.

Ownership of the site has now passed to somebody else.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”