Interactive Investor again!

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
Newroad
Lemon Slice

Re: Interactive Investor again!

Post by Newroad »

Hi 88V8.

I'm not sure if I previously used "Classic View" or something else.

However, when I want the "Current Price" (which I think, in rough terms, is the Level 1 Bid-Offer spread on the main market), I could and still can get that at the bottom of many/most screens (including both the Porfolio View and individual Account screens). That is what I use pre-trade and then of course, the actual price offered (with the 15 sec timer) usually improves it, albeit mostly only marginally.

I'm not sure about the shelling out to Morningstar bit you refer to. As far as I know/recall, I only need to do that for the X-Ray functionality.

I have in the interim found a bug in the individual account screens when switching between (some of) them - which I have reported to II.

Regards, Newroad

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

monabri wrote:
pje16 wrote: This happened to mean when I right-clicked on "help"
so I was not "on another computer, browser or device"
it just shows how dopey (rather, down right stupid) their webcoders are :roll:
I know that.
You know that.
ii are in denial!
I do not know what is worse.

That abdrn think this interface is better?

That the coding and testing was bad?

Or that abdrn won't admit they screwed up?

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

Newroad wrote:I'm not sure if I previously used "Classic View" or something else.

However, when I want the "Current Price" (which I think, in rough terms, is the Level 1 Bid-Offer spread on the main market), I could and still can get that at the bottom of many/most screens (including both the Porfolio View and individual Account screens). That is what I use pre-trade and then of course, the actual price offered (with the 15 sec timer) usually improves it, albeit mostly only marginally.

I'm not sure about the shelling out to Morningstar bit you refer to. As far as I know/recall, I only need to do that for the X-Ray functionality.
One had to select the Classic View as it's been hidden since not-improvement-1.0 last year.

Yes, you're right, I can still get the current price by typing the ticker into the bottom box, but previously I could get the buy and sell prices for a held stock by just clicking the £ sign adjacent to the holding.
Now, if I click the three dots adjacent to the holding and then click the Current Price option... or whatever the title... I get tipped into Morning Star where I find the price and a whole lot of undesired stuff, and then have to go back into the portfolio. So that's three clicks instead of one, plus typing the ticker and selecting from the popup list prompted by the ticker, so ...eight clicks?
OK it's not the end of the world and anyone who didn't know that the site used to be better would probably think nothing of it, but it's retrograde and annoying.

V8

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Post by AJC5001 »

monabri wrote: As a member of The Lemon Fool site (~ 7000 investors)
[Point of Order]
There may be 6992 'Members' on TLF, but I doubt you can call them all 'Investors'
Less than 2400 have posted at least one post!

Personally, I am not a customer of Interactive Investor, so you can't use my membership of TLF as evidence. :roll:

(currently there are 184 posts made by 37 posters, including this one. I don't think all of the posters are II customers.

Adrian

LittleDorrit
Lemon Pip

Post by LittleDorrit »

The non functionalities on my account now seem to be fixed as of late yesterday. That is to say the site works as designed, if not as prefered.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Post by Gerry557 »

AJC5001 wrote:
monabri wrote: As a member of The Lemon Fool site (~ 7000 investors)
[Point of Order]
There may be 6992 'Members' on TLF, but I doubt you can call them all 'Investors'
Less than 2400 have posted at least one post!

Personally, I am not a customer of Interactive Investor, so you can't use my membership of TLF as evidence. :roll:

(currently there are 184 posts made by 37 posters, including this one. I don't think all of the posters are II customers.

Adrian
To counter that, I was a lurker and investor for a while before joining. Even those that are not regular posters might be investors even if not with ii

I'm sure some might be glad they are not II customers after reading some of what is going on. Would this thread make them think twice about joining.

I'm hoping another weekend of being off line (I actually don't know if it was this weekend cos I didn't look) has allowed them to correct and or improve things a bit more and gather a list of further changes required.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

Hmmm ... ClearScore tells me ii did an Equifax electronic ID check on me at the end of December. I didn't do anything then that might provoke that so maybe part of the "upgrade" to their new system? As, unless it's my failing memory, I don't recall seeing regular/annual ID checks from them before ... (ClearScore only displays the last 12 months of credit & ID check searches).

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

mc2fool wrote:Hmmm ... ClearScore tells me ii did an Equifax electronic ID check on me at the end of December. I didn't do anything then that might provoke that so maybe part of the "upgrade" to their new system? As, unless it's my failing memory, I don't recall seeing regular/annual ID checks from them before ... (ClearScore only displays the last 12 months of credit & ID check searches).
Thanks for heads up
Why on earth are they doing that
I would be asking II for a copy of the data they hold about me
https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/find ... -about-you

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Post by DrFfybes »

mc2fool wrote:Hmmm ... ClearScore tells me ii did an Equifax electronic ID check on me at the end of December..
No alerts on mine, although I can't find the historic ones either.

I wonder if it is a periodic check as laid out in their Privacy Terms and conditions, section 7, which no doubt you have read and memorised and didn't find by Googling "periodic credit check interactive investor" :)

https://www.ii.co.uk/privacy

"We may make periodic searches of our records and those of Group companies, credit reference and financial crime prevention agencies, to manage your account with us (including but not limited to enabling the repatriation of lost assets where possible). "

Paul

88V8
Lemon Quarter

Post by 88V8 »

DrFfybes wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Hmmm ... ClearScore tells me ii did an Equifax electronic ID check on me at the end of December..
I wonder if it is a periodic check as laid out in their Privacy Terms and conditions, section 7,
"We may make periodic searches of our records and those of Group companies, credit reference and financial crime prevention agencies,...
Ahh.
Big Brother.
Or perhaps bg brthr.

V8

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

88V8 wrote: Or perhaps bg brthr.
V8
ys prhps :lol: :lol: :lol:

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

DrFfybes wrote:
No alerts on mine, although I can't find the historic ones either.

I wonder if it is a periodic check as laid out in their Privacy Terms and conditions, section 7, which no doubt you have read and memorised...
Of course, as I'm sure we all here have. ;)

Although in that case, no need, as I'm sure we all know, pretty much every financial service has a similar such clause in their Ts&Cs.

But on a little further investigation I find there was another event on the same day as the electronic ID check -- it was they day they credited my trading account with a massive 1p of "GROSS INTEREST Interest TAX" (and 16p for my ISA)! :D https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 75#p558175

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

pje16 wrote:
88V8 wrote: Or perhaps bg brthr.
V8
ys prhps :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yu spk abrdn!

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

I've just logged on to ii again today to send another message about being logged out when I tried to add to my complaints about the new site and noticed that they are now showing the daily price movement with percentage but in an idiotic position, i.e. on the extreme right of the portfolio. One can't help wondering if a child is in charge of the new website layout and functionality.

I carried on to Secure Messages and made my comments, which were mainly about the inadequacy of their response to my previous message, and then couldn't see any send button at the end. After faffing about a bit, going up and down, one suddenly appeared and it appears to have gone through. The previous message had given various instructions as to how to do the various things that you have been discussion about altering columns which you will not be surprised to learn that I have no intention of trying. There really should be some organisation one could complain to if customers, including the elderly or indeed the very young, are faced with this situation. Who is REALLY in charge of all this? Perhaps se should skip secure messages and bombard the person at the top, whoever that is.

3 of my grandchildren now have ISAs with ii and the plan was to transfer the proceeds of their certificated shares (currently still in Bare Trusts) to them (their Junior ISAs have already been transferred). However, they won't have the faintest idea how to manage investments in the ISAs. Am I to understand that their parents will not be able to access their accounts, using their passwords with their permission (as I used to do for my own children) and invest the money for them? They are all at university (the eldest on a work placement for the rest of this Uni year) so if not they may as well withdraw what is invested and sell the certificated shares through the registrars, and put the dosh in Cash ISAs or ordinary cash accounts if the interest is better. No wonder productivity is so poor in this country. So much time is wasted because nothing works any more.

Incidentally, I don't seem to be getting notifications of new posts on this board any more and have had to spend ages going back to read posts added since I was last on here some days ago. Now for a very late lunch!

Dod101
The full Lemon

Post by Dod101 »

Bouleversee wrote:I've just logged on to ii again today to send another message about being logged out when I tried to add to my complaints about the new site and noticed that they are now showing the daily price movement with percentage but in an idiotic position, i.e. on the extreme right of the portfolio. One can't help wondering if a child is in charge of the new website layout and functionality.

I carried on to Secure Messages and made my comments, which were mainly about the inadequacy of their response to my previous message, and then couldn't see any send button at the end. After faffing about a bit, going up and down, one suddenly appeared and it appears to have gone through. The previous message had given various instructions as to how to do the various things that you have been discussion about altering columns which you will not be surprised to learn that I have no intention of trying. There really should be some organisation one could complain to if customers, including the elderly or indeed the very young, are faced with this situation. Who is REALLY in charge of all this? Perhaps se should skip secure messages and bombard the person at the top, whoever that is.

3 of my grandchildren now have ISAs with ii and the plan was to transfer the proceeds of their certificated shares (currently still in Bare Trusts) to them (their Junior ISAs have already been transferred). However, they won't have the faintest idea how to manage investments in the ISAs. Am I to understand that their parents will not be able to access their accounts, using their passwords with their permission (as I used to do for my own children) and invest the money for them? They are all at university (the eldest on a work placement for the rest of this Uni year) so if not they may as well withdraw what is invested and sell the certificated shares through the registrars, and put the dosh in Cash ISAs or ordinary cash accounts if the interest is better. No wonder productivity is so poor in this country. So much time is wasted because nothing works any more.

Incidentally, I don't seem to be getting notifications of new posts on this board any more and have had to spend ages going back to read posts added since I was last on here some days ago. Now for a very late lunch!
Thanks. At least reinstating the daily price change is an improvement. You can move the columns to suit just by clicking on them and drop them in where you like. I have just done so. Enjoy lunch!

Dod

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Post by mc2fool »

Bouleversee wrote:Who is REALLY in charge of all this? Perhaps se should skip secure messages and bombard the person at the top, whoever that is.
https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-2951878&c=Interactive Investor Plc-CEO or maybe
https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9347&c=Abrdn-Chief Executive

:D

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Post by DrFfybes »

I went to make a trade today.

I got the quote, and the 15 second countdown to accept, and spent 10 of them wondering how to 'accept' until I worked out it was off the bottom of the screen.

And if I'm viewing my portfolio and click on an investment and it opens the performance and info box, does anyone know how to get back to the list of investments without using the browser back arrow? That really is something you should never need to use when logged into a Financial site.

Paul

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

If I copy a link to a page/topic on here and send it to my sprogs would it enable them to access it or would that be an infringement of rules forcing them to register and possibly kicking me out?

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Post by Bouleversee »

mc2fool wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:Who is REALLY in charge of all this? Perhaps se should skip secure messages and bombard the person at the top, whoever that is.
https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-2951878&c=Interactive Investor Plc-CEO or maybe
https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9347&c=Abrdn-Chief Executive

:D
I wonder if he would ever see any emails we sent. Am also wondering whether the press would be interested in this saga. I wonder how much the websites designers got paid for setting up a d.i.y. website. Apart from complaining about the lack of daily movement info., I questioned the security reasons supposedly behind logging clients out if they took too long over a secure message, I said we ought to be able to opt out of this if we were typing in conditions where there could not possibly be a security risk, as I do, and at the very least should receive a warning message before they do log us out with an option to stay logged in for longer. I also complained about there not be a print sign to click on and received a long message about how to do this and that, which would take time and effort, and I haven't yet attempted to do and would like not to have to. Making things more difficult and time consuming is not improving the website.

BTW, I haven't so far had to wait for a security code when logging into my ii account.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Post by Dod101 »

Bouleversee wrote:
I wonder if he would ever see any emails we sent. Am also wondering whether the press would be interested in this saga. I wonder how much the websites designers got paid for setting up a d.i.y. website. Apart from complaining about the lack of daily movement info., I questioned the security reasons supposedly behind logging clients out if they took too long over a secure message, I said we ought to be able to opt out of this if we were typing in conditions where there could not possibly be a security risk, as I do, and at the very least should receive a warning message before they do log us out with an option to stay logged in for longer. I also complained about there not be a print sign to click on and received a long message about how to do this and that, which would take time and effort, and I haven't yet attempted to do and would like not to have to. Making things more difficult and time consuming is not improving the website.

BTW, I haven't so far had to wait for a security code when logging into my ii account.
The site is no improvement on the previous one as far as I can see but I think with some more tweaking it will be OK for what I want and of course some of it is a matter of unfamiliarity. All I want is a list of my investments together with the number of shares held and a current price and value. Adding in the price change over any day is also helpful. Then buy/sell and Bed and ISA and that is all I need. I do not look at their research stuff. Most of it is second hand anyway. When I scroll up though it would be helpful if the column headings did not disappear but now that I have got them organised as I want, I do not think even that matters much. They are just managers and custodians as far as I am concerned. I do not need any bells or whistles.

Dod

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”