Interactive Investor again!

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Interactive Investor again!

Post by mc2fool »

Alaric wrote:They've tampered with the "remember login" settings as it used to be browser based rather than device based. Thus if you usually used Firefox and decided to give Chrome a try, you had to 2FA. The tick box explicitly said "remember browser" whilst now it says "remember device".
Yes but ... it is still, in fact, by browser. I had to do exactly as you say with the new site. It remembered me on Firefox from before the new site but on trying the new site with Chrome I had to 2FA.

I dunno why it works for me but not for some of you. I can only report my setup, which isn't anything particularly special. Latest Firefox (109.0 (64-bit)), Settings->Enhanced Tracking Protection->Standard, with "Test pilot..." turned on and no exceptions. That's on both my W10Pro desktop and W10Home laptop.

With Chrome also latest version (109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)), and in Settings->Privacy and security I have third-party cookies blocked and Standard protection for the Security setting. Again, no exceptions.

Possibly if those of you having problems tried clearing all cookies for the site and coming in again from scratch, so to speak?

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

mc2fool wrote: Possibly if those of you having problems tried clearing all cookies for the site and coming in again from scratch, so to speak?
good idea, I will give that ago
and report back if it doesn't remember me tomorrow

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Post by BobGe »

Just tried the X-Ray function as it wasn't working during the small hours. This was the result:

"You have been logged out because your account has been accessed on another computer, browser or device.
For your security, you can only be logged in to your account at one location.
If you login here again you will automatically be logged out from the other location."

Only it hadn't..., well, not by me anyway.

Tried again and now ok. Looks very fancy. Wondering, does anyone use the X-Ray function?

Incidentally, is it just me or does it seem a lot slower to load pages and data?

Oh, and why is it that Avg Price and Market Value data columns are not right aligned to match the headings...
Last edited by BobGe on January 18th, 2023, 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LittleDorrit
Lemon Pip

Post by LittleDorrit »

I cleared my existing cookies this morning and ticked the check box accepting cookies on relogging in. So far so good, but as many problems appear to be diurnal I was waiting untill tomorrow to report.The other odd thing, personalised column settings were saved in my trading account but not my ISA.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

How the hell do you buy anything! It won't let me change from sahre number to cash amount or give me a buy button.

They will be getting an irate phone call later today when i have time!

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

pje16 wrote:
mc2fool wrote: Possibly if those of you having problems tried clearing all cookies for the site and coming in again from scratch, so to speak?
good idea, I will give that ago
I cleared my cookies of which there 37
Installed Firefox 109
not surprisingly had to use MFA
then got asked to accept cookies from them, said "yes"
and now have 51 cookies

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

BobGe wrote:Just tried the X-Ray function as it wasn't working during the small hours. This was the result:

"You have been logged out because your account has been accessed on another computer, browser or device.
For your security, you can only be logged in to your account at one location.
If you login here again you will automatically be logged out from the other location."

Only it hadn't..., well, not by me anyway.

I mentioned that I'd crashed out 4 times...that was the catch all error msg. Like you, I was not logged on to another device..I had simply clicked on one of the menu options.

Clearly not enough testing of the software. I encountered problems with a few minutes of logging on.

Edit. Crashed again. Same error msg. I clicked on an icon for share info and it dumped me out.
Last edited by monabri on January 18th, 2023, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

daveh wrote:How the hell do you buy anything! It won't let me change from sahre number to cash amount or give me a buy button.

Anyone else tried to buy or sell shares?

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

daveh wrote:How the hell do you buy anything! It won't let me change from sahre number to cash amount or give me a buy button.

Sorted it, but its very non intuitive. I eventually found how to switch between quantity and cash and that worked and then it gave me a place order button. But when it was stuck on the quantity button it said eg 800 available so when I tried to buy it never produced a place order button if i pressed quote it would sometimes say too many sometimes not, but never give a place order button. I even tried slightly fewer shares, but still no place order button. My best guess is that when it pulled up the number of shares it wasn't taking account of the dealing fee and stamp duty - if so that was poor programming. Plus it would have been better to give the place trade button and tell you there was a problem then, because otherwise the poor client thinks there is another fault on their new website.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

I guess I'll get used to it eventually once i find out where everything now is and how to do things on the new system. But it doesn't help my blood pressure when you are trying to do a bed and ISA between brokers and you sell in one taxed account and then try and buy immediately in the II ISA to keep the chance of the price moving to a minimum only to find you can't work out how to do it.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Post by Lootman »

Maybe if enough people ring ii and ask to do phone trades because they cant use the new interface, ii will go back to the old version?

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

monabri wrote:

Yep I did yesterday
the amount box isn't easy to see
bur my screen grab shows a line
In don't keep much cash in my account so the 9 is the most I could buy of that share

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Post by SalvorHardin »

monabri wrote:

Yes, on a laptop. It's a bit different from the old method but fairly easy to get used to.

1) To buy something that you don't already own click on the blue button "FInd & Invest" which is in the top left of the screen. This brings up the dealing menu. Click on "Place an order" which should be in the bottom right corner. Enter quantity, there are options for limit prices and the currency in which you want to settle.

2) If you're selling, or buying something that you already own, left click on the three dots arranged vertically to the left of the investment name and code. This brings up a menu with options.

monabri
Lemon Half

Post by monabri »

SalvorHardin wrote:
Yes, on a laptop. It's a bit different from the old method but fairly easy to get used to.

1) To buy something that you don't already own click on the blue button "FInd & Invest" which is in the top left of the screen. This brings up the dealing menu. Click on "Place an order" which should be in the bottom right corner. Enter quantity, there are options for limit prices and the currency in which you want to settle.

2) If you're selling, or buying something that you already own, left click on the three dots arranged vertically to the left of the investment name and code. This brings up a menu with options.[/quote]

Seems similar to iWeb....? ( other than the currency bit!)

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Post by daveh »

pje16 wrote:
monabri wrote:
Yep I did yesterday
In don't keep much cash in my account so the 9 is the most I could buy of that share
I got to that screen, but couldn't work out how to change from number to amount The large "amount" either didn't show in my screen initially or I'm blind so I went with the number it suggested (as I planned to use almost all the cash anyway), but no place order button appeared. I tried changing to cash, but failed miserably - I now know you click the large "Amount" button, but as I said I'm either blind or it wasn't there initially.

EthicsGradient
Lemon Slice

Post by EthicsGradient »

daveh wrote:
pje16 wrote: Yep I did yesterday
I got to that screen, but couldn't work out how to change from number to amount The large "amount" either didn't show in my screen initially or I'm blind so I went with the number it suggested (as I planned to use almost all the cash anyway), but no place order button appeared. I tried changing to cash, but failed miserably - I now know you click the large "Amount" button, but as I said I'm either blind or it wasn't there initially.
It wouldn't surprise me if the prefilled prompt of "Amount (£)" shows up on some browsers but not others - it's the kind of feature that browsers can vary by. I had started a 'buy' process so I could see a KIID for an IT, and my Chrome browser did show it to me (I haven't gone through with a manual sell or buy yet; though I did successfully alter the amount on a regular purchase on Sunday, which worked today. But the regular order screen is pretty much unchanged anyway.)

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

pje16 wrote:
pje16 wrote: good idea, I will give that ago
I cleared my cookies of which there 37
Installed Firefox 109
not surprisingly had to use MFA
then got asked to accept cookies from them, said "yes"
and now have 51 cookies
OK guess what
just logged in AND
had to use MFA, AGAIN - (huge sigh)
only have 49 cookies now
as has been suggested before on this post, they obviously didn't test much

I found yesterday that if you click on the 3 dots to the left of the investment name you can use "Pin Row"
you might think that is useful as it puts that investment to the top of the list
Don't waste your time, as soon as you leave that page when you come back to it loses it
Well done II, another great move :roll: :roll:

pje16
Lemon Half

Post by pje16 »

Just logged in for the 2nd time today
yet another MFA
I give up :roll:

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Post by terminal7 »

Everytime MFA - despite ticking the 30 day box.

Such a pain - surely can be resolved quickly.

T7

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Post by BullDog »

terminal7 wrote:Everytime MFA - despite ticking the 30 day box.

Such a pain - surely can be resolved quickly.

T7
There's no problem here. Could be an issue at your end?

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”